Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Home Update

Just in case any of you care, I thought I'd give a little update on our house.  I've been making lots of changes to our lately, but still have lots more I want done.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this post.  I started off at Goodwill & Craigslist & such, but didn't really find anything I wanted for the deal I wanted.  So I took a Saturday morning, let the boys sleep in and enjoy their "Guys Day" and I went garage saling.  It was fun!  Here's what I came back with (minus the kid):

  • 2 chairs (I only have 3 for my table)
  • side table
  • kid table
  • frame (and NO I'm didn't keep the dolphins!)
  • Movies for the kids:  Toy Story 2, Buzz Lightyear, Alice in Wonderland, and Aladdin (not pictured)
And the grand total?  $25!  I'm stoked!  Now I've got some painting to do, but I'm actually excited for that...I've become a painting fanatic...watch out Heidi, I might give you a run for your money (okay, I'm not that crazy!)! :)

Other than that I've been rearranging furniture, totally changed my bedroom around (and I love, love, love it the way it is now!), put a new shelf in my laundry room (so I could get all my appliances that don't fit in my kitchen out of my bedroom closets!), and even changed the boys room around a bit (trying to plan ahead for when Jax gets a "big boy bed" which hopefully won't be too soon...I like that he can't escape just yet!).  So it looks better, but has much more left to do.

Oh, and I've painted a bunch...gotta love that spray paint (sorry all you green people out there, I'm single handedly depleting the ozone with my spray cans, but I just can't stop!).

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You got some great deals! I am seriously lacking in the small table department - no coffee table, no end tables, no side tables, no nothing! Have you ever looked at Vanessa Christenson's blog? (Jacob Christenson from SLO's wife) - she has LOTs of great decorating ideas and is really into painting, refurbishing furniture, DIY, etc. Lately she's showed a couple things she's spray painted fire-engine red and it looks fabulous! It's the link for "V&Co." in my blog side bar.

The Salinas Family said...

I love to go to yard sales. It is such a great feeling to get a boat load of stuff for so cheap!