Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teacher Appreciation

Two weeks ago was Teacher Appreciation Week at Jonah's school.  I have to say that I am so thankful for Jonah's teacher and all of the people at his school who work with him (computer teachers, PE teachers, librarian, principal, secretary...).  Jonah has made such progress not just in his education, but socially.  The boy loves learning...check him out on his day off...doing math!  I'm sure the M&Ms helped, but still, I certainly can't complain about my son wanting to do math on his off time!


To show our appreciation for his teacher, I made this:


I got the idea from Tip Junkie.  For the rest of his teachers we took water bottles and made a tag for them that said "You're the 'koolest' [teacher, principal, school secretary...]!"  And attached one of those little on the go Kool-Aid packs you can add to a bottle.  Sorry, I didn't take a picture...I forgot.

Thank you all of you teachers and educational people out there...we certainly appreciate all that you do for us and our communities!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Very cute idea for the teacher gift! And you reminded me that I have that M&M book - I should get it out for Kimball - she LOVES to graph!

The Salinas Family said...

Such cute ideas. I feel very lame, I didn't do anything for Diego's teachers. I guess I still have the end of the year!