Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Traditions

I think that traditions are so much fun, especially around the holidays.  I'm always looking for exciting new ones and since my kids are still pretty young, it's even easier to start new ones (although its never too late to start a new tradition!).  I already told you about our new elf tradition (and by the way, its still going great!).


We have another tradition that we started last year.  We have a special key...its Santa's Magic Key.  Every house that we've ever lived in (until now) is without a fireplace.  So how then can Santa get in?  It just seemed hard for Jonah to understand the whole "Santa magically entering the house" or keeping the door unlocked for Santa on Christmas Eve.  So I got this special key (actually an ornament 75% off at Michaels after Christmas sale) that we can put out for Santa so he can get into our house.  The key opens our front door only for Santa.  Pretty tricky, I know.  Jonah seems to think it to be the best idea EVV-ERR!


So there's a few of our Christmas traditions.  What sorts of fun things do you all do?

No comments: