We've been in the middle of a big rain storm these past few days. It has been raining off and on HARD. Sunday night (after one of the hard rain patches), I was in the mud room getting things ready for Jonah's class party when I felt some drips on my head. I looked up and found this...
...A leaky roof! It was too late to do anything about it, so I put out some of these...
The next morning I was in the shower when I looked up at the ceiling and found this...
...Another leak in the roof! This time a HUGE bubble full of water. After my shower I popped and drained it (so it wouldn't gather more water and burst), then headed over to tell my landlord about our fun little leaks. The awesome landlord that he is, he went out 5 minutes later with his son, climbed up on the roof, found the leaks, and patched them up (all within a tiny window of no rain). Isn't living in an old farm house just dandy sometimes...even with the leaks, lack of a dishwasher, and wood-burning heat, I still think it is totally worth it to live out here on this beautiful property!
Other than the leaks in our roof (which really weren't that bad - they were both in tiled areas with nothing below or around them to be ruined!), this rain storm has actually been really enjoyable. Its been fun sitting around the fire together, listening to the rain and admiring David's masterpiece of a fire :) We are actually loving how awesome our stove heats this place and surprisingly it hasn't been as big of a pain as we imagined it would be. Its even been enjoyable collecting firewood...weird, I know! I guess I've been in the city too long...I think I was born to live in the country! Best of all, the rain has made our little piece of heaven even MORE beautiful than before! With all of the green sprouting up all around, you'd think this was spring!

Every year my mom graciously gives us a gingerbread house to decorate. So last night we decorated away. Jonah was SOOO into it! He would explain every detail as he created it..."these candy canes are fallen trees that we're going to cut up for firewood...this is a mud pile for the reindeer to play in when they're bored..." things like that. I was surprised at how well Jaxon did. After a while, though he got bored of it and just dumped the candy out, licked it all, then left a big sticky mess in front of him on the table.

Jonah made his very own gingerbread house at school today, but when he got off the bus, this was all that was left of it...he CLAIMS the candy fell off, but thats very hard to believe when he had frosting and candy around his mouth and all over his fingers.



3 comments:
Isn't gingerbread house making fun. We made some this year and they turned out awesome. Only problem is that when I decided to save them to use for our open house they got infested with ants. AUGH! Is there a way to save the houses?
Any way it is good to run into you! Thanks for leaving your sweet comments on our blog. It has been a long time since we saw you. Your little family is so cute!
I can't believe that bubble on your ceiling! It was huge. It sounds like you have a great landlord if he came over so quick and fixed it. I went yesterday to Diego's school to help the kids make gingerbread houses and it was quite a scene. Each kid was suppose to bring their own can of frosting and the little boy next to Diego ate half of his can! Not very much made it to the house. Diego told me later that he had a big stomach ache. I tried to warn him. But it was really fun to see how excited the kids got decorating their houses.
Great job on the gingerbread house(s), guys! Bummer on the leaks - I'm glad your landlord is on top of things and took care of it right away! We're looking forward to visiting you guys on your FARM this summer! Looks like you have some prime photo-opp backdrops with that barn, etc.
Post a Comment