We had a fun farm experience Wednesday. After meeting Jonah at the bus stop, we decided to go down to visit the cows. They were making a LOT of noise, so we took that as an invitation. By the way, Jonah is wearing pj's because it was PJ Day at school. While we were there we opened the chicken coop (a few weeks ago our landlord hurt his Achilles tendon, so we took over taking care of the chickens and dogs for those few weeks and the boys LOVED it!). Jaxon decided he should chase the chickens and try to catch them, but luckily for the chickens he failed to do so! We figured out that the cows were mooing so much because they wanted to change pastures where the grass is taller and our landlord was on the other side of the fence getting it ready for them. Anyway, the boys decided to feed the cows and before no time they had a swarm of cows around them...I guess they were hungry for some easy grub! Then we got a real treat...we got to see our landlord move the cows to the next pasture, something we always seem to miss! The boys thought it was so cool how the cows just followed him in. Our landlord joked around saying he's "the cow whisperer."

This has been a busy week, but we've managed to have a lot of fun amongst it all. Jonah really wanted me to post this picture. He loves to put on his Santa hat and wear Mr. Potato Head's Santa beard. The funny thing is it fits him perfect!
We (okay I) decided to start a New Christmas Tradition here in the Radmacher household. I actually got the idea from my awesome sister-in-law Sara (who got it from her sister-in-law). It's basically the idea of The Elf on the Shelf, but instead of 1 elf, there's multiple elves (hopefully 1 every day if I can expand my elf collection). Santa sends his elves to watch over the kids to see if they're being naughty or nice. The kids can talk to the elves, but they're not aloud to touch them and the elves aren't aloud to move or talk back. During the night the elves sneak out and report back to Santa about the kids. Taking it even further, I guess in Sara's sis-in-law's house, if for example one of the elves falls down, the kids run and get their parents, who carefully pick the elf up and place it somewhere safe. When the kids wake up in the morning, the elf is back in his spot all bandaged up with a sling or something...so cute!
I wasn't quite sure how it would work out with Jonah, especially because he saw most of the elves when I bought them last year. But luckily he doesn't remember any of them and he is SO excited! When he found the first elf and I told him who it was, I don't think I've EVER seen him SO excited before! He was literally shaking. So far 5 elves have mysteriously appeared. Oh, and by the way, it works! Jonah is very cautious of how he acts now because he knows the elves are watching him.
Yes, I know the elf in the top right corner looks like a garden gnome, but believe me, its tough finding authentic looking elves...and the kids don't know the difference anyhow! And that is indeed Hermy from the Rudolf movies - he is in our bathroom making sure the boys brush their teeth!. If you like the idea, feel free to copy me, like I copied Sara, who copied Amy, who copied her in-laws, who got it from who knows who. :) But just a bit of advice, hit the after Christmas sales and you'll get them for literally nothing (that's what I did and I came home with 16 for under $25)



No comments:
Post a Comment