Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Me Update

Thank you to all for your congrats and well wishes. Just thought I'd give a little update on my "status." After 2 VERY long months of getting to know the toilet face to face and spending way too much time on my knees (in more ways than 1), I am feeling MUCH better! I can't say that I'm fully enjoying the "honeymoon" trimester yet (the 2nd trimester is usually the easiest), but slowly but surely in the past 5 days or so the nasties have lessened and lessened.

I'm happy to report (and sorry if this is too much info for you!) that I now only wake up ONCE in the night to pee, rather than every hour...makes for much better rest!

And I can actually eat...real food...not just white bread!

I guess I just had to complain to everyone about how miserable I was feeling...next time I'll have to remember to complain sooner! :) I'm guessing another week or so and the nausea will hopefully be totally gone. By the way, those wrist bands for motion sickness really do help (don't get rid of it, but definitely help!)!

My budda belly is really starting to show now. Yesterday morning I walked past David and he said "Wo, you totally have a belly! It wasn't there yesterday!" Actually it was, but I really think it expanded over night. Jonah's teacher said the same thing...that she didn't notice until that day. I'm always anxious to get out of that stage where people look at you and wonder "Is she pregnant or is she just getting fatter?" I guess thats the advantage of having 2 previous babies and having this be the 6th pregnancy...my body knows all too well what to do and expands faster and earlier each time so I don't have to deal with that awkward stage as long. Heck, by 6 months I'll look ready to pop!

I can't wait till I really start feeling the baby move around. In the last couple of days when I'm laying down I randomly feel little bumps in my belly that I'm pretty sure might be the baby, but you never know...its still pretty early...could just be my intestines working. My kids are lots of fun in the womb...they're constantly practicing their kick turns (making their daddy proud...future swimmers and all!) and from the looks of the last ultrasound, this baby doesn't seem any different!

Well there you go...a little baby update just for you!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats David and Julie! I'm so happy to hear that you are having baby number 3!!! Wow Julie you are a trooper. You guys have been through so much with getting pregnant and then all that goes into keeping the baby. Amazing. I hope you start feeling better soon. Maybe in time for some turkey?

Wes and Jess said...

wow Julie, you are amazing, hang in there, can't wait to see your third little miracle:)

Ben & Carly said...

oh I'm glad you are on the downward slide, you are a trooper. Thanks for feeling my pain, Ben thought that post was very mean and offensive to his sweet children....I told him you will never understand so I won't even try to explain. It's a pregnant mom thing, I'm so glad you get to have another sweet baby and that you can understand what I mean!

The Wyett Family said...

I'm glad your feeling better, Julie! What is it with having to pee so much in the first trimester? I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until the baby was bigger and sitting on your bladder???