Monday, November 9, 2009

And Then There Were Three...

I have no way of saying this cute or clever (my creativity is on hold for a while...in fact pretty much EVERYTHING is on hold right now), so I'll just say it out right...I'M PREGNANT! We indeed are expecting baby #3 and we're very excited!

I'm about 14 weeks along, due in May. I've been to the doctor twice and had 2 ultrasounds (one at 9 or so weeks and 1 yesterday!) The baby seems to be doing wonderful...has a strong heartbeat (we LOVE to see that!), seems to have all the right parts, and is VERY active (I can't feel it yet, but the ultrasound confirmed this baby is JUST like my boys...never stopping!)


While the baby seems to be doing great, I, on the other hand, have not been doing so hot. I have been sick and miserable and tired and super (and I mean SUPER) nauseous for the last 6 or 7 weeks. Ugg! I'm sure I have thrown up more in the last month than probably in my entire life put together. No joke. Not fun. I literally live off of white bread (can't even take saltines any more) and I can't even take a normal prenatal vitamin, I have to take a Flintstones Complete. I really wasn't sick with Jonah and only a little with Jaxon, but this time...man! I hope (but am not convinced) that this means its a girl. :) So my house is an absolute disaster (please, no one come over...it is incredibly embarrassing!), Jax wears his pjs all day most days, Jonah now gets hot lunch quite frequently (he's happy about this!), and I have only cooked maybe 2 real meals in the last month and a 1/2 (David's been cooking the boys a lot of eggs!).

I'm really not complaining, just stating the facts! :) I am just happy that we have a healthy baby. I have to remind myself of this sometimes as I'm bowing down to the porcelain god. :) Healthy babies don't come so easy for us. We've definitely had our trials when it comes to getting pregnant. This is actually my 6th known pregnancy. I miscarried before Jonah, it took us a year to get pregnant again, but he was a healthy baby boy and my pregnancy was great (although the stinker refused to nurse ever!). When we tried again after Jonah, it took us another year, but when I went in to the doctor, there was no heartbeat and turned out I had a blighted ovum (that means the baby stopped growing at about 6 weeks, but my uterus and hormones and everything else still thought I was pregnant and kept growing). It was heartbreaking and I had to have a D&C around 13 weeks or so. Probably a year later I was pregnant again with another blighted ovum. Luckily my doctor was great and did a bunch of blood tests on me and found that something in my blood that has to do with clotting was too high. So basically when the baby was big enough for the placenta to grow (about 6 weeks), my blood would clot it, preventing any nutrients to get to the baby and our poor baby would die. It totally stinks and has put us through torture, but fortunately its a problem that can be managed. I am so grateful for that! SOOOO, to fix the problem, I have to give myself a shot (yes, from a syringe!) of blood thinner twice a day for 20 weeks. I hate it, its painful, its scary, its annoying, but it works! It worked last time I was pregnant and I got my sweet Jaxy, and it is working this time...my baby has a heartbeat and is moving and I'm 14 weeks...not a possibility without those stinkin' shots! I just tease that I guess my boys weren't quite ready to join us the first time around...it took them a couple tries. Or maybe I've got a LOT of babies waiting up there to meet me in heaven...either way, I'm grateful for Jonah and Jaxon and our new little one.

I can tell you my belly is the sexiest preggo belly around...my nice spare tire (courtesy of baring 2 boys) is now black and blue and yellow with lovely needle tracks. Its quite a sight! Ok, its not sexy at all, its pretty repulsive, but I'm sure I have the most colorful preggo belly around! :) Whenever Jaxon sees my belly, he quenches and says "oh, mommy owy? Your shots? Baby in tummy? Oh, ow!" and covers my belly. He just can't bare to see it. And no, I don't let my kids see me shoot up, but they do know I have to. Jaxon doesn't get the whole baby in the belly thing. Whenever someone has a stomachache, he says, "oh, baby in tummy?" Jonah is VERY excited and I'm excited for him...he's old enough now that he can understand it a little more. Every doctors appointment I have, he comes home from school and says, "mom, how'd your appointment go?" and every night he prays that "our baby will be be safe and healthy and not die." A little morbid, but hey, I get it and its sweet.

Ok, that was long I'll try not to be so long winded next time :) Oh, and fyi, you most likely won't be getting any belly shots of me in the coming months...I'm not one of those cute, "you've got a little basketball popping out of your belly", "you can't tell from behind you're pregnant" kind of woman. I get fat and puffy and water logged, and, look 9 months when I'm only 5, and well, not picture worthy anyway, so don't ask, you'll be disappointed (or at least I will!). :)

18 comments:

Bri!!! said...

Julie, this is so exciting. I so understand the frustration of how long it takes to get these little monkeys here. I'm so glad you are on to number 3. What a blessing. It's OK that your house is dirty and that you don't cook, your making a BABY! Congrats. Hope I will have the same good news sometime this year!

Dave and Loralee said...

YAY! I found a blog!
I'm so happy that everything is looking good. hopefully the sickies go away SOON :) and your halloween costumes are AWESOME!
miss you guy :)

Debbie said...

congrats!!! we are exactly the same, i am 14 weeks as well, due may 9th. i am sorry you have been so sick! i have nothing to complain about.

Jen Ketcher said...

Congrats, Julie! I know the awfulness of the everyday shots. I had to do the same thing with Evan. Every day, and toward the end, twice a day, for like 24 weeks. Yep, lots of bruises. Hopefully this one will go off without a hitch for you!

Stacey B. said...

Jules, when I first read the title, i thought you were announcing triplets. Woops. :) But so happy that this little baby is sticking this time. Fingers crossed that all this throwing up means a girl! (but really, who cares, we just want babies) I am very sick with all my kids, but when I was pregnant with Ryan, I was really, really, really sick (meaning, different than Alli's pregnancy) and I wondered if it was a boy...obviously I was right. Good luck, good luck, good luck! Love you and so happy for you!

Sandy said...

I'm sorry you're so sick, Jules...unfortunately I understand that one completely :) I wasn't nearly as sick with Josh and the girls, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! We're so excited to have more cousins!

Durham said...

I'm so happy for you! But so sad that you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Jen said...

I had to say congratulations again! It's amazing what you all have been through, makes the end result all that sweeter! And you are so right about the morning sickness/girl connection...it's the indicator that's been consistently right with all my friends. It will be fun to find out if it holds true with your little one <3

P4 said...

Sorry about all the hard times, but I am excited for you! Congratulations! And if I remember correctly you were pregnant when we worked in the lab together and you looked great! I wish you the best and hope all goes well.

Kristen Borland said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!!! (But SO sorry that you are so dang sick!! That's awful! Hopefully that will get better soon now that you are in the second trimester.)

So, we have something in common. I've had three blighted ovums. Two right away when we first started trying, and then a loooong time of infertility until we finally got pregnant with Zeb exactly two years after we started trying. Then we got pregnant with Nehemiah when Zeb was four months old, and then we got pregnant with our third blighted ovum when Nehemiah was six months old. And then there was Lola. So we have three babies in heaven too. All the tests show nothing wrong, so my doc just figures half of my eggs are just fine and half aren't. 50/50 chance. It's horribly difficult, so I totally understand. And it makes those healthy babies so much sweeter! I so wish I could have met our three other babies, though! Zeb is starting to learn about those babes, about all the babies that have been in Mommy's tummy. We named them all, even though we of course didn't know the genders--Nicholas, Kamea, and Gloria.

Congratulations again!! That is soooo exciting!!

Andersons and sons said...

Hi, Julie that's yucky you are still feeling sick. Hopefully the nausea will go away at the 16th to 18th week. Looks like they have ruled out twins.lol
With the twins I use to make ginger tea from scratch it really helped the nausea. Also fresh squezzed lemonade helps with nausea really well. I lived on Jamba juices with the twins. I was able to keep most of it down sometimes.
I am so happy for you guys. Congrats again but hey I already knew before this blog. I kept on thinking when is she going to post her I'm prego Blog:)

Randa

Ben & Carly said...

hooray hooray, congratulations! I am so excited for you, you are such a wonderful mom this new baby is lucky to be coming to your home. hang in there through the sickness, and take care of yourself...this is only nine months of your life so lay on the couch and relax you have the rest of your life to have your house under control!

Steve and Sara said...

You crack me up and your are such a dork! I am just so excited that we will be having are babies a month apart. For that reason I hope that it is a girl too. Hang in there the hard part is almost over. Love you girl and it was fun see you this weekend!

The Salinas Family said...

Yea Jules! I'm happy for you but I'm hoping you have another boy. Come on, 3 boys in a row...there's nothing like it! I guess I'm a little bias! I bet Jonah will be great with a new baby. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. Hopefully the sickness will calm down.

The Wyett Family said...

Julie, you are such a trooper! I'll keep you all in my prayers- and again, congratulations!

Joel and Chelsey said...

Congrats Jules--I was so happy you wandered over to my blog. I'm in the same boat--spare tire, sick as a dog (shouldn't we be past that yet?) Every thing but the pretty colors. But these sweet babies are worth it. Let me know when you find out the sex. Love,
Chelsey

Dyan said...

Congrats!! That is such great news! Hang in there with feeling icky...hopefully it will go away soon so you can return to somewhat normal life. I'll cross my fingers for a girl for you...though I'm not sure about 3 boys, but having 4 is sure fun!! :)

Fife Family said...

congratulations! sounds like you've been through a lot. i'm glad the pregnancy is going well.