Jonah has become such a big boy. I can't believe how fast he has grown up. He definitely has his daily stinker moments, but I really enjoy this kiddo. He is so creative and imaginative and loving and intelligent and funny. He keeps me on my toes every which way.Jonah is so enjoying being back at school. I really thought he'd have a hard time going all day and he is tired by the end, but he hasn't complained once. He gets up without complaint and when he comes home, for the most part, he has only good things to say about school. Cowboy Josh and him forgot about their differences over the summer (they're a little too much alike sometimes, which makes for butting heads often) and have really become good buddies. They both like the same girl (hello, this is first grade we're talking about here!)...she's the cute barrel racer. Jonah just likes her because she's cool - he doesn't "like, like" her...yet...thankfully hormones won't come for several years. Last week he wrote her this letter:
Asking girls on dates already? I said that to him and he said "uh, mom, its not a date, I just want her to come to my house and have dinner." Ok, sounds like a date to me :). I love the horse on the front and the flower on back and don't you just love how he stops mid word and finishes on the next line?
Jonah loves to dress up. Even for school he does it. All the time I'll put an outfit out for him and he'll say, "Mom, that's not cool enough" and choose something else. I mentioned before that Jonah really wants to be a Boy Scout. I'm still not sure I want to commit to that just yet, but his favorite thing to wear now is his "Boy Scout" shirt. It's actually like a Dinosaur Scout shirt or something, but its good enough for him. Notice the fauxhawk? That was him. Tonight after his bath he aloed his head all up and spiked it all over so he'd have cool hair for school tomorrow. I'm not so sure it'll look all that cool in the morning though. :)
Yesterday my parents watched the boys for a little bit and this is what I found when I came to get them..."Jonah's Christmas List." Already? See? He keeps me on my toes!
He asked if he'd be getting everything on his list and I told him I can guarantee he won't be getting a DS & a Game Boy (can't gaurantee he'll even get one of them!). A cell phone, really? And we've already got PLENTY of guitars around here (he's got 2 of his own!) and a flute and skateboard too. Anyone know where to buy a Venus Fly Trap? He's literally been asking for one for every Christmas and every birthday for like the last 3 years. I probably should try to hunt one down. Is Christmas really coming so soon?
Asking girls on dates already? I said that to him and he said "uh, mom, its not a date, I just want her to come to my house and have dinner." Ok, sounds like a date to me :). I love the horse on the front and the flower on back and don't you just love how he stops mid word and finishes on the next line? Jonah has really become such a good big brother. There is still plenty of teasing going on (hey, what are big brothers for?), but he is such a good helper. He loves his "baby brother" and Jaxon sure looks up to him. He follows him around mimicking his every move. The other night I found Jonah reading books to Jaxon. I love moments like these! (Yes, I know, my kids never seem to have clothes on for pictures. I promise, they're not 1/2 nude ALL of the time!)
Jonah loves to dress up. Even for school he does it. All the time I'll put an outfit out for him and he'll say, "Mom, that's not cool enough" and choose something else. I mentioned before that Jonah really wants to be a Boy Scout. I'm still not sure I want to commit to that just yet, but his favorite thing to wear now is his "Boy Scout" shirt. It's actually like a Dinosaur Scout shirt or something, but its good enough for him. Notice the fauxhawk? That was him. Tonight after his bath he aloed his head all up and spiked it all over so he'd have cool hair for school tomorrow. I'm not so sure it'll look all that cool in the morning though. :)
Yesterday my parents watched the boys for a little bit and this is what I found when I came to get them..."Jonah's Christmas List." Already? See? He keeps me on my toes!
He asked if he'd be getting everything on his list and I told him I can guarantee he won't be getting a DS & a Game Boy (can't gaurantee he'll even get one of them!). A cell phone, really? And we've already got PLENTY of guitars around here (he's got 2 of his own!) and a flute and skateboard too. Anyone know where to buy a Venus Fly Trap? He's literally been asking for one for every Christmas and every birthday for like the last 3 years. I probably should try to hunt one down. Is Christmas really coming so soon?



1 comment:
I'm laughing my head off - out loud- at Jonah's Christmas list. I think I just woke up a sick kid or two...Nunchucks...cell phone...AWESOME! Jonah IS a cool kid:)
Post a Comment