Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jaxon

Jaxon is the funnest little munchkin. He is at such a fun age and really grown in to his own cute personality. The 3 things Jax is really in to lately are his Cars, Toy Stoery friends (Woody, Buzz, Bullseye, & Mr. Potato Head), and just recently he has developed a great love for cooking. He loves it. He won't help me cook for real, but he'll "cook dinna" with his stuff all day long. The best part is he insists on wearing the little maid apron and chefs hat and oven mitts every time.

Jax loves Woody and Buzz. The other day we were in a thrift shop and Jax spotted this Buzz statue thing all the way across the store. Lucky for him it only cost 90 cents. We still havn't figured out what it is - I think its supposed to be a piggy bank. The other day I told Jax Gramma was on her way over, so he put Buzz in the window and stared out himself and said, "Buzz watch Gramma." Buzz really is "always on the lookout!"

Jax has hit a major milestone and I'm trying not to get excited too quick. He finally has a little (and I mean little) interest in potty training.
Up until about a week ago he's been totally afraid of the toilet. One day I was letting him "air out" a bit and he ran to me and said, "Mommy, diapy." That means he needs to take care of business. See, he knows when he has to go, he just doesn't want to use the pot. So I said (as I have many, many times before), "Jaxy, you wanna use the potty?" and he said "uh-huh." What??? So I brought him to the bathroom and of course he didn't want to use the toilet or the little potty. Eventually Jonah came in and said, "Wanna go potty outside with me?" Oh yeah, what little boy wouldn't? So out he went with his big brother and peed in the bushes (we live out in the country...its okay :) Yay! The best part is he did this all day. And then the next day same thing. As long as he could pee in the bushes, he was all good. Hey, I'll do whatever it takes to get this kid diaper free! Unfortunately it didn't last nearly long enough. He finally refused to go out (man, sounds like I'm putting the dog out, huh?). Bummer. So on to the little potty. He wouldn't use it in the bathroom, so I brought it out into the living room tile and as any good parent who REALLY wants their kid to use the potty, I bribed him with Nemo fruit snacks. Yay, it worked! And it worked. By the end of the day I had to make sure his teeth got brushed REALLY good, but he was using the potty! So now its been somewhere around a week and he's lost intrest...bummer (probably got sick of fruit snacks)! But I've found as long as he doesn't have undies or a diaper on, he's good. He doesn't have accidents, he just runs to me and asks for a diaper and I direct him to the potty. So hopefully this weird method will get us on the right track eventually soon (sooner than later please!). Way to go Jax!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Your leaf picture is hilarious! Yay for Jaxon potty training...hopefully he'll make the switch for good pretty soon! (maybe you need some Toy Story fruit snacks to do the job...!)

The Salinas Family said...

I'd love to get my youngest potty trained too. He also has no interest getting on the toilet. He screams! I think we'll have to bribe with fruit snacks.

Julie said...

San, I've got a fruit snack smorgosborg (sp?)...Nemo, Toy Story, Spongebob, AND Cars!