Jaxon loves his little cousins. He and Jakey were playing in this little pool that started out with clean water...that is until they put in these trucks just caked in dirt. Pretty nasty stuff. And to top it off, they both had normal diapers on, so by the end they were these bulging masses of dirty pee water...sick! But they sure had fun!

Jonah just loves this goblet at Ma & Papas. I think it was Papa's parents...there's a whole matching set of them. So Papa let him try it out.
The kids all had so much fun together (when do they not?)! There was lots of jumping on the trampoline. Even Charlie (Addyson's new puppy) joined it and the kids just love him!
Jax & Jake helped Papa in the garden. Their favorite was the watering! Look how awesome his garden is...someday I want to be like you Papa!
Kids are so good at entertaining themselves. At one point all 8 of them climbed into Papa's truck. I think they thought if they all got in, then someone would give them a ride. Didn't happen though.
Instead we all headed down to one of Aunt Susie and Uncle Joe's dairies. Yes, they have more than one...in fact 4 I believe. They are VERY well known in the dairy and agricultural industries and even just in the valley. Its always fun to bring the kids to see ALL THOSE COWS! Melinda (my sis-in-law) and I got to talk to one of their grandsons. He is leaving soon to start college (agricultural science of course!) and was saying he can't wait to come back. I just think it is so cool how generation after generation the kids keep coming back to what they know and they actually want to!Its kind of funny, they even have a maternity ward for the cows. Theres a section where the pregnant cows go, then one were they go when they are about to have their babies or are going into labor, then a section for recovering mamas. Sound familiar ladies? :) And seeing those mama cows all ready to pop and their utters all engorged...oh I feel their pain! I've been there mamas, I've been there.
There is even a nursery (so to speak) with lots and lots of brand new calves. They're so tiny and cute!
Little Dylan was so cute with the babies. They would moo real loud next to him, then get this such sad face like he was gonna cry. Then I'd tell him, "the baby cow is saying Hi Dylie" and he'd get a super huge grin, start waving to the baby, and say "hi cow!"
We got to spend some time after the dairy with Uncle Joe & Aunt Susie (Papa's sister) at their beautiful home. Then we headed back to the 5 acres for some real fun in the sun. Some of the kids decided to watch from the sidelines,...
...but the real fun was to be had in the pool (I couldn't help it, I had to put these all on a 70's tint...makes it seem more like the good ol' days, huh?)! David played Super Uncle/Dad and swam the kids around and around for hours.
Et tu, Jakey?
We had so much fun, but were sad to see it end so quickly. We're so glad Sara, Steve, and Addy have moved back and were so happy to have Rachel, Jake, & Dylan and Matt & Melinda and their gang come visit. Until next time...Oh ya, and the one downer of the trip was we got this on our way down.

Yep, a big ugly crack in our windshield...I'm so mad!






No comments:
Post a Comment