
My kids should definitely nominate me Mom of the Year for yesterday. I guess I had a little spirt of the crazies, but my kids were in heaven. I let my kids play with playdough of all things. Its a wonderful horrible thing, playdough. Jonah used to play it all the time, but I guess my better judgement kept it hidden deep in a cupboard for the past year or so. Now I remember why. It's great for hand-eye coordination and creativity and all that, but with my kids its so stinkin' messy! It gets all over the house and mooshed in the carpet and all over their bodies!
I don't know how this happens, but it does...pretty much every time. And its not like I don't watch them, I do really. I look 1 second and literally the next its all over the place! Sheesh. I didn't realize until today that I don't think Jaxon has ever even seen playdough, let alone played with it. I guess there goes my Mom of the Year nomination. Bummer. So unfortunately this activity may be occuring more and more in my future...I'll just have to shoo them outside to do it I guess.




1 comment:
I know what you mean...I am a big fan of playdough (on the linoleum...)...but have found that I've subconsciously been putting away in higher, more crowded place so the kids can't find it as easily:) I had to quit letting the sunbeams at church use it because they kept grinding it into the carpet. Moon sand is way messier in terms of it getting all over, but you can vacuum that up!
Post a Comment