Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Little Chemist!

Jonah decided probably 3 years ago that when he grows up he wants to be a chemist. Surprisingly he's stuck to it. I think it all started when he watched some cartoon with someone making potions. I don't know exactly. Or maybe it was during his Willy Wonka faze. Hm, I don't know. Either way, he wants to make potions when he grows up. So 2 Christmases ago Santa brought him his first Chemist Set. He loves it, but I don't! He makes such a HUGE mess with it. I know, what kind of mother of boys am I anyway? I'm really not OCD about my house being clean...well, not really. There's just some things that aren't always worth it, especially when my table has carpet under it. So yesterday I FINALLY let him get it out. I told him he could only use water, but of course he found some purple citric acid powder in his kit, mixed it with water and got it all over. I am proud of him for loving science so much. I think he would be a great scientist of any sort when he grows up! (By the way, Jonah never got dressed yesterday. He stayed in his p.j.'s all day and I actually let him...it was just one of those days!)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love this picture - too funny!