I did a crazy thing yesterday. I don't know what the heck was I thinking!
I cut my own hair.
AAHHHHH!
I've become my mother (mom, that wasn't an ahh to that, but to cutting my own hair!).
Don't really know why I did it. I guess 'cause I've been sick of it for a long time now. It was too long.
I'm really a hippiesque, all-natural-sort-of, pioneery girl when it comes to my image.
I've never owned a flattener, in fact I've only used 1 once in my whole life.
I only acquired a hair dryer like a couple years ago, which was an old (and I mean old) hand-me-down from my mom, which I only use like maybe 5 times a year when I don't feel like having a wet back.
I've only bought hair spray once and that was for Jonah's Oompa Loompa hair (my claw bangs in 6th grade don't count...that was an unfortunate time in my life & my mom supplied the Aqua Net).
I never wear makeup, only very very occasionally and even then I wear so little that no one actually notices and most people wouldn't even consider it "wearing" makeup at all. In fact I only own mascera and eye shadow.
I've NEVER dyed, highlighted, or bleached my hair. I have used Sun-In occasionally in the past. I did regretfully have a few perms in elementary school...ug...I try to forget most fashion mess-ups of the 80's. And no, that summer after my freshman year of college when my hair was practically white, I did NOT bleach it - that is from WAY too much sun!
I'm a jeans and flip-flops kinda gal...no heels for this gal.
And I DON'T go to a hair dresser. Never have...well I've only been once ever. I was 8 and I went to Fantastic Sam's. I wanted my hair to be like the girl on the commercials and the lady botched it major! So I've never been back...I was scared...majorly. My mom, mother-in-law, and David...oh and once my aunt...are the only ones who have ever cut my hair...sad, I know.
So this makes for one plain and boring and all-natural girl. I can say I hardly ever get split ends, though. And fortunately for everyone around me, I do shower daily, wear deo and a bra, and pluck my eye brows and shave my pits. Thank goodness. So I'm not totally granola (is "granola" even used outside of Utah? And I don't mean the food.).
So I was sick of my hair. Its still plain and boring and all-natural, but its shorter, so less of the plain and boring to look at I suppose.
This was my hair originally. Yes, it's pretty much down to my rear!

I will most likely never have bangs, 'cause I HATE my hair in my face (even though I most likely should since my forehead is so humungous...just means I'm real smart, right Dad?) and I have to be able to pull it back, 'cause I HATE hair in my face and since I started having babies, my hair just gets frizzier and frizzier and now its wavy, but not curly and really annoying!
Back in June or so David cut almost a foot off. It was still real long. David likes my hair long, so he wouldn't cut it any shorter. So here it is now.
I might still go a little shorter, but I was too scared of messing it up too bad and having to cut it super short. I still need someone to fix it for me, but not too shabby for doing it myself. I'm sure I've probably got a bunch of hairs that are like 4 inches longer than the rest...cute, I know...but it's SO much better! (You wouldn't believe how hard it was to take a picture of my own hair from the back!)




6 comments:
Good job! :)
Sorry you had such a traumatic childhood! Moms are always good for giving you fodder for adulthood stories--don't worry, your time will come too! :)
Love you! mom
PS--the 'angry' picture of Jonah is CLASSIC! :)
I like your hair. I can't believe you did it yourself. It looks really straight!
It looks really good! I can't believe your hair was THAT long! Wow! Kimball wants to grow hers out and donate to locks of love. I'm wondering if I should start feeding her pre-natal vitamins to speed things up, so she doesn't have long, tangly, scraggly hair for 3 years while it grows...(hers is THICK). I've cut my own hair lots of times to save a few bucks - sometimes you just get to a point where its driving you nuts, and usually its like 10 at night, so you can't go have someone else do it...and usually Jake was out of town so I was bored...but it turned out okay:) You have lovely blonde, naturally highlighted, wavy hair...those of us with thick, straight and mousy hair need to jazz it up a little :)
Good Job! I'm way too scared to ever cut my own. It would never come out straight. Now that Kelli has moved here I have a hairdresser close by. Thank goodness you aren't a total "granola!"
Wow! I think it looks much better. :) Did you donate the hair? That was a pretty substantial chunk you took off.
It was hard to take a picture of the back of your hair?!?! But it wasn't hard to cut the back of your hair?! Silly. You did great though. I could never do that. And I am jealous you are what I call a "simple" girl. You pull it off because you are naturally beautiful. If I do nothing to my hair I look like a homeless girl.
Post a Comment