Saturday, August 22, 2009

Last Day of Summer!

I can't believe summer is over! I really wanted to make Jonahs last day to be special. We headed to the beach. It was our last beach day play day with our church friends (the park starts up next week for the little ones!). The boys had so much fun. Of course our last day of summer was cold and overcast. The sun didn't come out until about 4:30, but that doesn't matter when you're a little boy. It was a plus for me, since I was covered pretty much from head to toe, so no sunburn here!

So how many kids does it take to lift a bucket full of water? It was hilarious watching them all try to carry it up the beach.

Jaxon calls the beach "water sand." He loves it.
Here he's trying to make the penguin from "Surf's Up" surf the waves. Very cute!

After the beach we did some last minute school shoe shopping. Apparently we weren't the only ones! Jonah found 2 pairs of shoes just like the kinds he wanted (and they were even mom & dad approved!).

Then we headed to Chilies. Earlier I asked Jonah what he wanted for dinner and he said "ribs." Um, I can't really whip up ribs in 1/2 an hour and Chilies is close, so thats where we went. Ironically he didn't even order ribs, but pizza of all things. Oh well, we had fun. Apparently Chilies is the place to be for dinner the night before school. There were 2 kids from Jonah's class and a couple more from his school. That made it even more fun for Jonah.


Good bye summer...until next year!

No comments: