Since school was fast approaching, I decided I needed to do something special for my little almost-1st-grader. So Jonah and I decided to go on a date. Tuesday we sent David off to work, dropped Jax off at Gramma's and headed out to Morro Bay. We had SO much fun just the 2 of us. Jonah said, "Mom, I miss Jaxon, but its really a lot of fun without him." Nicely put. It really was nice to have some one-on-one time with my Jonah.
We started our adventure by going to the Natural History Museum. The last time I was there was probably on a school field trip in like 2nd grade or something. So its been quite a while! Jonah really enjoyed learning about waves and animals and habitats.
Jonah's especially liked standing out on the balcony and looking for seals through his binoculars.
We loved the view of Morro Rock. Our little blooming scientist is OBSESSED with rocks, so its always a real treat to see it...its the biggest rock he's ever seen!
After the museum we went to The Shell Shop. I've always loved going there. Now Jonah loves it. They've got seriously millions of shells...hundreds of different kinds.
Then we headed down Embarcadero Way and stopped into the little aquarium. I've passed it a million times, but this is the first time I've ever stopped in. Jonah liked it, but it was seriously the nappiest aquarium I've ever seen. I've never been a big animal activist or anything, but I don't know HOW this place has not been shut down. Anyway they did have some cool animals. There were 2 seals, a couple eels (man those things are UG-LY!), a little shark, a ton of different crabs and rockfish, starfish (check out how fat the one in the picture is...Jonah called it a "brain starfish"), and even an octopus. Then they had this display of weird stuff...really sick actually. They had jars of whale and shark eyes...I thought I was gonna puke. After we got the flock out of dodge :), we went window shopping. Well actually that just means that we walked down the street and checked out all the toy stores and weapon shops.







4 comments:
One happy little guy! :)
What a fun day! I've got to do that with my kindergarten guy. Still up in the air on what were doing. We can't wait for school to start here!
yes, that aquarium is the saddest place in the world! we went two years ago, and i got sick to my stomach! there was a fish with a bulging eye that looked like it was dying, and all the animals seemed sick and sad. i have no idea why they are allowed to keep that place open! but i'm glad you had a fun date! :)
We love to go to Morro Bay when we visit - we go almost every time we go to CA! I totally forgot about the museum - we'll have to take our kids there next time. We did go to the aquarium - the kids loved it, but Jake and I felt like we were participating in something shifty - like illegal animal captivity or something. It is a nasty aquarium!
We have some cool rocks we've been saving for Jonah - I just need to remember where I put them! We have found some cool stuff in our yard that I think he'd like...
Post a Comment