Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Morro Bay


David has been having band practice in Los Osos while the studio has been under construction, so usually we go and hang out in SLO with my parents. I've been thinking lately that I haven't brought the kids to Tidelands Park in Morro Bay for, well ever, so I thought this time we'd just drop David off and head to the park. We're really lucky to live on the Central Coast where we have parks that are literally just yards from the ocean.I didn't really get any pictures of Jonah. Lately he's been dodging my camera...the stinker! He had TONS of fun, though. He found a bunch of little boys to play "good & bad pirates" with. He had all the ideas, so he became kind of the ring leader. It was really fun to watch him.
Jaxon wasn't too happy that there wasn't a slide at this park...that is until he found the whale! He was ecstatic!

Captain Jonah Kai


And Captain Jax too!


Jaxon thought it was cool rolling around in the grass. I thought so too until I looked down at the grass stains on his pants...this looks like a job for Oxi Clean!

I don't know what this face was all about, but it sure was cute.

Jaxon got a little bored playing at the park, but since Jonah was having so much fun, he whipped out his trusty cars and kept himself entertained.
The boys sure did enjoy looking at all the boats.

We walked down to two of the docks and checked out the boats. Most of them were fishing boats.
One of the boat owners was stacking a ton of crab cages. Jonah was very interested in this!
The boys found crabs off the dock...
...there were tons of these little guys!

Don't worry Morro Bay, we'll be back real soon!

1 comment:

Durham said...

This post makes me need a trip to the coast! We always go to dinosaur caves park when we visit my sister. These pics reminded me of that place. Also I love the frames you've been adding to your photos. How do you do that?