Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rock Show

Thanks to my mom and lil sis, I got to get away last night and watch David play a show. He's so good. I'm not just saying that either 'cause he's my hubby...he really is good!

There's certain places he plays that are quite interesting. I get to do a LOT of people watching, which is actually fun for me. Every time I come to the same conclusion...I'm SO glad I'm not a partying, drunk, immature, attention-craving, insecure, single person. Don't people realize how silly there are?

Did I mention my husband is awesome?

So in my people watching, I saw this girl (well really it was hard to miss her) who was probably the most attention-craving human ever (okay, maybe not ever, but at least this week)! She danced all by herself all weird, then she sent her friend out to get a hula hoop for her. She came out and started dancing with it. You know kind of like the rhythmic gymnasts? I guess it takes talent, but it was really weird, especially at a music venue. At a park...possibly. As a circus act...definitely. But a music venue? Um no. This is where I made friends with the door guy. We both thought it was really weird. Then another girl (clearly not old enough) tried to get in with someone else's i.d. Silly girls!

The sound guy and I graduated from H.S. together and he and David are friends, so we were chatting and we both came to the conclusion that we're just too old for this. Not the music, just the crowd. Come on mature people...come out to the shows!

Then I got in a fight. Well not actually, but David likes to say I did...it sounds better I guess. :) I was standing by the door and this huge crowd of young immature guys came up. One of them said all loud to his friends right next to me, "This band sucks." The lame thing is he just got there and hadn't even heard 1 second of music. Big mistake buddy! I turned to him and said "Hey, zip it! My husbands in that band, so keep it to yourself." Do I sound like a geeky mom or what? He got this look on his face like, "Oh man, what did I just say?" and said "well they're just too mellow, they need to rock out more." My response? "Ya, well maybe you should have come earlier, like the last song when they were." Don't be messin' with the band wife! :) It was all in fun though...I really wasn't all onry. He felt dumb though and all his friends looked at him like "you dork!"

So it was an entertaining experience. The band was great, I ran in to a few old friends and acquaintances...fun stuff. Can't wait til next time!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

So is "band wife" like a "soccer mom"? Haha - nothing like making yourself look old than saying your the wife of a band member, huh?:) Glad you got a night out, looks like you had fun!