Let me give you a little background first. The house we live in is like 100 years old...well at least 75 anyway. We have a well. The water is better than plain ol' city tap water, but we've got LOTS of minerals in it. That means MAJOR hard water! I guess I should use some kind of water softener or something - that would be the smart thing anyway. So this oh so hideous hard water rears its ugly face everywhere. It jams our sprinklers and shower head. It leaves my dishes (remember no dishwasher!) all cloudy with a nappy white film on it. It leaves crust on the edge of our water purifying pitcher. The worst of all? Our toilet and tub are just COATED with seriously rock. The minerals have probably been building up for at least a decade or 2 or maybe even 3 (I'm assuming thats the last time they were replaced). I've tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING! I tried CLR, bleach, baking soda & vinegar. I've tried special cleaning sprays that say they're for hard mineral deposits. Nothing has even touched the stuff. I even tried a stinkin' brillo pad, but all that did was leave a grey residue (like I needed more junk added!). I even tried using a butter knife to chisel the stuff...but alas, nothing worked. Nothing even came close. And to make things worse, all our drains work super stinky. 9 times out of 10 we're showering in an inch of water (I absolutely HATE that!) and our sink takes forever to drain. AND a couple days ago it stopped draining altogether. I've been beyond frustrated. As a homemaker who's job it is to keep the house clean, its really frustrating to have guests over who will actually see the bathroom. It really is sterile, I swear!
SO, what was the miracle? Clobber.
I had nothing left to lose, so I asked the plumber who's been working at the new studio. He went down the list of things to try and of course I'd tried them all to no avail. So he said the only thing left was to try Clobber. Its this super toxic stuff that I guess you can only buy at a plumbing supply store and only plumbers can buy it. Its like pure acid. It was kinda scary at first...the plumber scared me and the bottle had all these warnings. It came in this super thick plastic sealed bag, so that gives you kind of an idea of the toxicity. Anyway, he said he'd get me some and that he did. I finally did it today and AHHHHHH (that's like an "angels singing"). It's a miracle! Praise the Lord, my tub and toilet are clean again. And my sink and shower drain!
So now it might have burned a hole in the pipes or eaten away our septic tank (no, actually its supposedly supposed to by okay on septics...hopefully!), but my bathroom is now clean!
So Sara, next time you come, you don't have to be afraid to put your kid in the tub (I know you didn't say anything, but I'm sure you were thinking it...I would be!). And you don't have to feel like you should be wearing flip-flops in the shower either.
Three cheers for Clobber!




1 comment:
Whatever you keep a very clean and welcoming home. We had such a good time and cant wait to do it again. Hope you guys can come here soon too! Love you
Post a Comment