It's finally come...berry season at our house has officially arrived! There are so many delicous berries just waiting for us to eat them.
I was happy to have ALL of my berry pickers with me. It was definitely fun and worth the work, but we didn't leave without consequence. Unfortunately this year our berry bushes are hosting some not so fun visitors...stinging nettle. There are huge stinging nettle branches sticking out, so I cut them as I go, but unfortunately I suffered a battle wound...my first experience with stinging nettle. It really wasn't too bad. It stung REALLY bad right at first, but within 5 or 10 minutes it was gone and replaced with a puffy rashy thing that didn't hurt or itch or anything. I think I got lucky! I suffered major scrapes on my hand (the scars are still there), but that's just 'cause I'm an intense berry picker :)






No comments:
Post a Comment