Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pismo Car Show - Day 2

Saturday (okay like 2 saturdays ago) was Jonah's birthday and he said he wanted to go back to the car show and really check out the cars. So that we did. Man, we were NOT prepared for what was to come. Since blocks and blocks of streets were closed, there was no parking anywhere. People were parking at the outlets like a mile or more away and walking down. We were SO lucky to have a family friend who has a house nearby that was so kind as to let us park in their driveway, so we only had to walk a couple blocks...thank you, thank you!

As you can see, this was the place to be...the crowd was insane!


The boys had so much fun finding cars from "Cars."  Jaxon was wide-eyed trying to find them and would get so exited when he finally did.  Here's a few we found (there were actually TONS that the boys thought were "Doc," "Flo," & "Fillmore")


The boys found the most "Ramones" - there were TONS!  I didn't get picturs of them, but we also saw "Lizzie," "Ramone," "Sarge," new "Mator," & "Fillmore."


David especially liked the original Cobra and the James Bond - like Mercedes.


This ones for you Matthew W...its your Camero...maybe someday it will be yours!


Do you notice anything very natural and totally awesome about this Royce?  Look Closer.


Even closer...

Yes, that is what you think it is...Grey Poupon!  That's awesome!


There were cool old trucks...


and my and David's personal favorite...an original Woody.  Look at that awesome wood and the surfboard to match.  Jaxon was really confused every time we'd call it a woody - he'd say "where Woody?"  Too bad we didn't bring his Woody doll this time - that would have made a great photo op!


Of course cars weren't the only thing we enjoyed.  There was great food as well.  The boys enjoyed hot dogs and cookies, David some good Thai food and I had some super awesome Mexican food and fresh lemonade from Selma.  And what would a festival of any type be without a large, oddly shaped strawberry daiquiri?  Jonah seemed to think it was pretty awesome...I'd have to agree.


I can no longer say I haven't been to the car show and I supposed I'd have to admit that I REALLY enjoyed it.  I just think I might come back year after year.  It kind of makes me want to fix up an old car (okay, lets be honest, hire someone to fix up an old car for me) and participate in the mega cruise....something to think about anyway.  Oh, and by the way, Friday night we actually saw Jonah's principal cruizin' in an old car with her hubby...I think her coolness factor went way up in Jonah's book!

No comments: