Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pismo Car Show - Day 1

Every year Pismo Beach puts on this huge classic car show that just gets bigger and bigger. Supposedly it's the largest car show in California and its big. They shut down blocks and blocks of Pismo and just line it with classic cars. Having lived on the Central Coast most all of my life, I've never been (or at least that I can recall). Its one of those things that as a local I've tried to avoid. Now that I have boys I can no longer avoid it. Davids dad came to town on business, so we all decided to head down that Friday night and check things out. Friday the streets hadn't been shut down yet and there were only like 4 cars parked on display, but the booths were up and the cars were cruisin'.  Jonah was pretty excited, but Jaxon was the one who flipped...check him out in the middle picture below - he was in car heaven!  Jonah was the most excited about the rubber band guns (which we came back the next day and he bought with his b-day money) and the homemade root beer, which he was lucky enough to have a Papa who bought him a big ol' bottle.


We took a car break sometime in between and stopped in to Mo's for some good ol' barbeque.  The boys all had ribs (naturally!) and I stuck to my good ol' pulled pork goodness.

No comments: