I have a great dad who raised me to be (I think at least) a good person. He was (and is) a strong musical influence in my life. He would play his guitar and sing to us to sleep most every night - my favorites were "Christopher Robin," "Castles in the Air," and "Longer." I think I was like 12 or maybe older before I realized that he didn't actually write those songs. He will always be remembered for "Cows in the Kitchen," and "In America...Oo-Oo," and now "Sheryl." He even taught me my first song on the guitar, "Yesterday" by the Beatles. One of my fondest memories of my dad was when he'd pull us around the house on our blankets. As a kid he had a knack for making sad things happy...probably 9.5 times out of 10 when he'd get mad at one of us for something, he'd start with his stern voice, then end up laughing saying, "what, I'm serious!" How could either of us be mad after that? Dad, you are a great dad...thank you for all that you do and continue to do for me and my family!
As well as having a great dad, I've got a wonderful husband who is a wonderful father to our boys. He loves and respects both of them and tries his hardest to do what is best for them. The boys love their daddy so much. Every day without fail when he comes home from work, the boys come running to him, excited as ever, as if they hadn't seen him for weeks. He has a knack for finding fun with them where ever he might be and whenever he can, he takes the opportunity to teach them. He has an awesome talent for teaching and his children suck up everything he says. He has a great imagination and is so creative (his son's daddy thats for sure!). He is the best at bedtime stories and nighttime "talks" with Jonah. Honey, you're the best dad and we all love you so much!



No comments:
Post a Comment