Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday David!

David's birthday is only 5 days after Jonahs, so we've been in the birthday spirit.  Nothing particularly eventful happened for the big day, but he and I did get to get away for a few hours and go out to eat.  And of course he got his favorite...angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream.

For those of you who don't directly know David, you're missing out.  He is an incredible human.  He is the most generous person I know and is the best at lighting up a room.  He is very funny and loves to learn.  He's like a sponge - he sucks up so much knowledge.  He's kind of known as the "random facts guy."  He could seriously come up with a random fact for just about anything.  He has an incredible literary memory (I say literary because he can remember pretty much anything he reads or sees or hears when it comes to facts, but not so good at remembering every day things like where he put his shoes the night before). :)  He's also like a walking GPS and has a built in compass or something.  I think he has a map imprinted in his brain.  He can drive somewhere 1 time and go back 10 years later and know exactly how to get there without directions...its incredible!  David is an absolutely incredible musician.  He is so talented in so many areas.  He has an incredible talent for being able to pick up anything and be super awesome at it right away and without practice - sports, instruments, cooking...you name it.  He is incredibly creative in so many ways.  He loves history, technology, MMA, swimming, good weather, good food and he loves spending time with his family.  He is a good listener and wonderful to have a conversation with.  He is a wonderful husband and an awesome dad.  

David is an inspiration and motivator for me.  For those of you who don't know, David lives with chronic pain every single day of his life.  3 weeks before we were married, David had his shoulder replaced for the first time.  It never got better, only worse.  He had a 2nd shoulder replacement 3 or 4 years later and since then it has only gotten worse.  He's had "world specialists" check him out and work on him, but all they can gather is that they have no clue and tell him to learn to deal with the pain for the rest of his life.  He still can't lift his arm up more than 6 inches or so.  Being married to him, I have seen the true pain he has and continues to go through.  The simple fact that he just gets up in the morning, let alone functions fully is so inspiring.  He lives his life so much fuller than his body intends for him to do so and for that he is an inspiration.  I am so grateful for all of the sacrifices he makes for our family!

Happy Birthday David,
You are awesome,
We love you!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I came across your blog through a friend's - I actually know some Radmacher's on the east coast, so I decided to "click" on over to see who you were. :)

Anyway...I am so sorry to hear of your husband's chronic pain. That is terrible. This sounds like the story of my husband, except with him, it was his knee. I'm wondering if your husband has tried acupuncture...It seems like people either believe in it, or think it's a bunch of hooey. I was skeptical at first too, but after we had tried everything else, acupuncture was what ultimately helped my hubby. It's just been amazing. He hasn't felt this great since he was 22 he says! :) I would really encourage you to look into it - acupuncture has helped so many people & I love that it's drug free & non-invansive. Good luck to you & your sweet family!