Well it is no secret that my boys need hair cuts. We actually do have reasons for having our kids hair a little longer...3 in fact.
- They have these super funky cowlicks that they unfortunately inherited from their dad (not his fault at all, but its definitely a bad trait they were "blessed" with!). They have this huge swirly on the back of their heads and in the front their hair naturally swirls and points everything upward. Having long hair weighs the cowlicks down and doesn't make their hair so funky. The only other real option for them is to have it super super short so even if the cowlicks stick the hair up, it doesn't matter.
- They both HATE getting their hair cut! It is the biggest struggle - they act like you're torturing them or something. You know how people who grow their fingernails really super nastily long...like world record 12 inches long? Well I guess once your nails get to a certain point you can't easily cut them because the nerves or blood vessels or something start growing with them (or something to that matter). Well it must be like that with my kids or something, because they put up the biggest fight! Jonah is afraid the hair will get in his eyes or something and Jaxon just screams "Owy" whenever anything is cut off...like he's got nerves in his hair or something. I'm telling you, its torture for all parties involved!
- Their hair grows so stinkin' fast that we would have to cut it weekly for it to stay semi short...not gonna happen!
Here's what they looked like before...I know, it got bad...YIKES!
Since we were going from super long to super short, we let Jonah cut his own hair. He had so much fun doing it. The only problem is that he went a little too close in a few spots, so he's got some short gashes in his hair...oh well, it'll grow back in like a week or two :)
We considered keeping Jax's mega side burns, but thought it probably wouldn't go over too well with the grandparents :)
And this is what we got in the end...a LOT of stinkin' hair! I think thats more than is on my head altogether (mom, remember the dad wig? Doesn't this look like it?)!
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...this is what they look like after...AHHHH!
Can you even believe that these are the same boys? Don't they look handsome? It's still tripping David and me out. Its not as weird with Jonah because we've seen his hair that short before, but Jaxon...I haven't seen his forehead since he was a newborn! Seriously, it's so stinkin' weird! He not only looks older, but he looks like an entirely different kid (we think he looks a lot like his cousin Alec when he was 2)! Maybe its for the better. Maybe like Samson he lost something...not strength, but maybe something. I mean he slept through the night last night (not normal!) and for the first time ever today at church he went to nursery without crying...he walked in, said "Hi everybody," reached for his teacher and said "Bye, bye, Mommy." Usually when we get close to the door he starts grabbing at me, holding on for dear life, screaming that he wants to go home. I think that was a bigger shock then the hair cut itself. It is really tripping us out.
Anyway, the boys look good, they'll be cooler for the summer, and I can see their eyes!!!! Thats my favorite part about hair cuts...I can see their faces better...and their ears show! I do realize that now I actually have to sunblock their foreheads and ears and the back of their necks now when they go outside...a price I'm just willing to pay for some beautiful boys!









3 comments:
Wow! Love it--It's so nice to see those beautiful faces shining through undeterred!! :)
Very handsome!! We thought the second picture of Jonah cutting his hair (the side view) looks like Mowgli:)
julie i can't believe jaxon! he looks so different! but of course still soooooo handsome! that will be us after nauvoo. i love the idea of letting them cut their ownhair,(at first). we miss you1
Post a Comment