Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's Day and lots of rambling...

Congrats to all of you April Foolsers who got away with fun (not hurtful, just fun) pranks.  So far Carly's got everyone beat. :)  I was feeling so yucky that I didn't even remember to drop off my rent check (luckily I have an understanding, flexible landlord).  I've never really done anything significant on April 1st, probably because I'm a REALLY bad liar (thats a good thing) and a REALLY bad actress.  I was gonna get all cute and make funny stuff to confuse my kids for dinner, but we ended up having cereal...I guess the joke really was on them?  I did text David "btw I'm pregnant," but he didn't buy it...said "btw I'm pregnant is not a btw thing."  I guess he's right.  But then I had to add "with triplet boys!"  That'll give him nightmares for sure!  

Since I blogged last I got worse, then better, but still yucky.  When I say "worse" I don't mean I was dying or anything, I just didn't want to get out of bed and when I did my head would pound and I'd get dizzy and my nose was a gooey faucet and my glands were the size of golfballs and all that fun stuff.  Of course the day I felt the worst David came home from work with a raging fever...definitely worse than me...I've NEVER seen him with a fever and he can't remember the last time he had one either.  So I got the fun job of putting the kids to bed and straightening the house up just good enough so we wouldn't trip over anything in the middle of the night.  So I'm over the yuckiest part (I pray that's true!), so I'm somewhat useful now (emphasize the "somewhat").  

Of course when I woke up this morning, my house was like a tornado went through it...I don't think I have a single clean dish in my kitchen, the laundry has piled up and there's crushed chips and goldfish crackers all over my carpet.  So nice.  So I guess its good things are looking up, 'cause I don't think my house could take any more neglect!

On a good note, though, since I was confined to my bed or the couch, I did catch up on my reading.  I finally saw Twilight for the first time this weekend, so David said, while you're down and out, this is a great time for you to read the last 2 books.  He was right.  I read the 3rd book in a day and a half (so not me...I'm NOT a speed reader, but when you've got nothing else to do...) and now its been less than a day and I'm already over 1/2 way through the 4th.  

Of course I have to give my critique on the movie and the last 2 books (don't worry I won't give anything away...I think!).  My first impressions:  I thought other than Bella and a very few others, the acting was horrible...Jessica, Erik and Edward drove me nuts!  Edward was SO weird...not an Edward weird, a bad acting weird.  The production side stunk (I know it was low budget, but please!), Alice seemed too old and Roselie was NOT the prettiest girl ever...and her hair was so fake!  

Ok, was that critique enough?  Well I thought I should give it another chance and I watched it a 2nd time (while sickly lying in bed) and decided it wasn't as bad as I thought the first time, but Jessica & Erik still couldn't act and Edward was still REALLY weird to me.  Oh and I didn't think the vampire in the sun thing did it justice at all.  But it was a LOT better and I do have to say that Kristen Stewart plays Bella great, as did the 3 "bad" vampires and the setting, the scenery was BEAUTIFUL!  It definitely makes me want to visit Forks some day (but not for the regular Twilighter reasons!).  Oh, and did anyone else notice Stephanie Meyer playing "Stephanie" toward the end of the movie in the diner?

As for the 3rd book...SO much better than the 2nd!  I hated the 2nd book until like the last 5%...hence the reason why it took me so long to move on.  As a good little Christian girl, full of morals :), I'm very proud of Edward :)  I never could understand Bella, she rather bugs me, but it IS a fictional story!  I'm SO not part of "Team Jacob" he bugs me too and Bella bugs me even more that she leads him on. 

So far the 4th book has been very predictable and very slow.  And I don't like the whole through Jacob's eyes, although I see why it's somewhat necessary.  I'm rather disappointed so far.  Plus my dear hearted mother-in-law (although she doesn't know it) kind of gave a HUGE part of it away a while back, so it didn't bring much mystery.  But of course I keep reading and am still engrossed in it.  What is it with these books?

Soooo, do I sound like a teenage pessimistic critic yet?  Hope so :)  It's fun to revert back to my teeny bopper years every now and then.  Anyway, I've already got my eternal "Edward" so I don't have to live in Twilight dreamland...thank goodness!  Speaking of which, I gotta go get his soup off the stove...poor guy!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I just saw the movie this weekend with Mom and Carina for the first time...it wasn't as bad as I was expecting but I really struggled with the soundtrack - it was like 80's After School Special (not the Todd-band, the ACTUAL after school specials!). I thought Rosalie was a terrible match, too.

Have you read the part of "Midnight Sun" that Stephenie Meyers posted on her website? Its the first book through Edward's point of view. Made a lot of Twilight make a little more sense and seem a little less creepy. I was always bothered by the stalkerish nature of Edward, but it makes a little more sense after Midnight Sun.

Sorry you're feeling so lousy!! Hopefully everyone will perk up soon and maybe the magical cleaning fairies will visit your house (still waiting for mine...).

Julie said...

I liked Edward in the book...didn't really think he was THAT creepy, I just thought Robert whatever who played him made him creepy...thats what disappointed me. I guess one thing Rosalie DID have right in the movie was her nasty perma-scowl! When I finish this last book, I'll have to check out Midnight Sun...knew about it, just hadn't read it. Oh, and I agree about the music...it definitely put a damper on the movie...gave it weird moods that shouldn't have been there!