Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It finally happened...I left my 20's and entered the good ol' 30's!  Yep, its true, I'm now 30!  To be honest, it's all the same to me.  I don't feel old, I'm not old...the 30's are the new 20's anyway, right?  Although I do have to say that the last few months leading up to my b-day I've felt more like I'm going through puberty or menopause or something (they're both the same, right?).  I'm always tired, my skins not what it used to be (yes, its true, I actually get zits now...something that, fortunately for me until now, has never really happened before), and I have all sorts of aches and pains (maybe I'm growing???).  So I guess I can't say that I came into my 30's without issue, but at least the age thing doesn't bother me, heck, bring on the 40's!  As long as I feel good and still look young, I don't care!  

I'm lucky, 'cause my b-day is the perfect time of year.  The first day of spring officially arrives March 19-21 (depending on the year), so I like to think that Spring comes because it's my b-day.  I convinced Jonah that there was no spring before I was born.  He said, "Oh thats so sad.  I'm glad you were born, but really I think its because Grand Pa had enough money to buy it."  Okay-wherever that came from.

So the big question is, what did I do for my big day?  Why we went to Disneyland of course!  I love having a pass...it's so convenient!  For those of you who don't know yet, if you go on your birthday this year, you get a free day pass, or if you have a pass already like me, you get a $70 gift card.  Woo-hoo, spending money!  Of course I didn't buy anything for myself - face it, what the heck am I gonna buy at Disneyland?  I won't wear their t-shirts, anything Mickey on me is a little goofy (I won't wear him either) and I'm not big on Disney plates or antenna balls.  So that pretty much leaves me with nothing but toys and since I never have money to overspend on a toy for my kids there, I spoiled them rotten.  So I guess dreams really do come true at DL!  That's a present in and of itself for me!

Of course our trip couldn't go completely smoothly...nothing ever does!  Poor little Jaxon came down with something.  He is sick again!  He woke up with a scratchy voice and throughout the day was real groggy, had a slight fever, and the starts of a yucky cough.  It kind of worked for us though, because instead of his usual wild and crazy self where we had to chase after him everywhere, he quietly sat in the stroller or in line just layed on our shoulder...a HUGE change for us!  I feel so sad for him!


We did have lots of fun.  Of course our favorite was watching the boys play in the water at Bugs Life.  It was pretty crowded, so we had to sit in line for 45 minutes to go on Toy Story, and only went on a few other rides.  We did get to go on the Golden Bullet or whatever its called, which EVERY time we come it closes as we're walking up the stairs due to wind.  So Jonah was real happy about that.  Here's a few picts of the day:


I love the last picture of the boys - they have become such buds.  Jax got a new buddy (thanks to my spending money!) - Bullseye from Toy Story 2 - him and Woody & Jax are inseperable!  

We were bummed that only on Wednesdays & Thursdays they don't have the Pixar Parade or Fantasmic, but it got us out of there earlier, so that was a plus.  We had a GREAT day and we've all got the aches and pains to prove it (Holding Jax so much just about broke our backs!  He's a stinkin' heavy kid!)!  I've come to the conclusion that I'm a California Adventure girl more than a Disneyland one...DL is too crowded and I like the Pixar stuff at CA better...must be because I have boys...maybe if I had a girl to do the princess stuff with I'd like DL better.  

Thanks Disneyland for the B-day Fun Card and good time...we love you!  And thanks family for making my day so special!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

No wonder I couldn't get ahold of you - I couldn't get you on your phone AND blogger was down all day so I couldn't embaress you with some sort of childhood photo (and I couldn't find any...). I was NOT happy about turning 30, but I got over it:) Glad you have a better attitude than I did!

Happy Birthday, Jules!

Steve and Sara said...

Love the pics! Why are you not EVER in any of them? Your hot show it off! Cant wait to go with you guys one day but I will have to stop by DL for Addyson.

Kristen Borland said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old lady!! (i'll catch up with you in august.) can't say i'm all that worried about turning 30 either. except i feel like i should do something special and can't think of what. disneyland sounds fun!

The Salinas Family said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun day! Turning 30 was just another day for me, nothing depressing or anything. 40 or 50? might be a different story. I can't even think that far ahead! =)