Our little Jaxy boy is turning 2 tomorrow! We decided (since he doesn't know the difference) to celebrate his birthday yesterday so that Gramma & Grand Pa & Aunt Carina could be there too (they're going out of town tomorrow). So we had a fun little party. Since Jax is obsessed with all things Pixar, that was the theme. Here's the invites I made:

Since it was pretty last minute, Jax is still sick, and I'm starting to come down with the sickies, I wasn't real into it this year. Here's some decos. I ordered a big McQueen & Doc wall decos, made a Pizza Planet sign (we ate pizza for dinner) and used his Pixar toys as the other decorations.
I made place settings for each person. Everyone was a character from a different Pixar movie.
Since he love, love, loves Cars, I made a Mack cake. My favorite is the "Rust-eze" in the back. This was my first attempt at using fondant. I actually made the fondant (marshmallow fondant) and it took FOREVER to make, but it turned out good. David had a GREAT idea of putting the candles in the smoke pipes.


Jax loved his cake. He kept feeling it. He was SO cute when we sang to him he had the huges smile on his face and he was so excited when he blew the candles out and everyone cheered for him. So cute!
The presents were all big hits. Gramma was a genius and wrapped the ones from her in Cars paper...Jax loved it! His favorites were his mega Mr. Potato Head set from Gramma, Grand Pa & Carina, and Buzz Lightyear from us.
Happy Birthday my baby boy! I can't believe you are so big already!







4 comments:
Julie Radmacher holy cow!!! Your cake is the best. I love the characters you gave everyone, I am sure there was some thought put into that. I love the theme so much fun. Wish we could be there love you guys. Happy Birthday Jaxon!!!
Wow, if that is what you come up with when you're "not feeling that into it" I can't imagine what kind of parties you normally have! So cute! Evan LOVES Pixar too so I might have to steal some of your ideas for his next birthday!
I'm super impressed, Jules!! And doing all that while not feeling good...dang,you put the rest of us healthy people to shame:) That cake turned out AWESOME!! I want to learn how to use fondant - Josh wants a pirate cake of some kind for his birthday and I just don't think 5 batches of buttercream are the way to do it! Please share your recipe and tips!
Happy Birthday, Jaxon!!
so cute! i love the cake!
zeb has requested a Chick Hicks party for his birthday (in May). i stumped!! any ideas??
Post a Comment