Wednesday, February 4, 2009

George, Linkerhim, and Fancy

This week at school Jonah has been learning about the good ol' US of A.  He's been absolutely obsessed with George Washington and the first time ever, he actually is remember (or at least telling me) what he learned in school.  Wow, is he his father's child or what - another history buff in the making!  He's remembering his facts pretty good, but every now and again he says a funny thing, so here's a few:
  • "George Washington is so brave!  You know why, 'cause he went in the ice and cold in a boat - isn't that SO brave of him?  AND he won the war!  He was our first president."
  • "Our other president was Linkerhim? Hanson? (Me:  "Oh, you mean Abraham Lincoln?")  Oh, yeah, I forgot, Aberhum Lincoln!"  He readed all the books in the world to get smart because they were really poor, so they got money because they didn't have any food and stuff."
  • "You know the biggest statue in the whole world?  The Statue of Liberty?  You can go up inside the hat and see all of London!   (Me:  "You mean New York?")  Oh, ha, ha, I mean New York.  And it took 5000 years for them to build it!  Isn't that awesome?
  • "Have you heard of Fancy Ross? (Me:  "No, who's that?")  She made the first flag (Me: "Oh, Betsy Ross!")  Ya, Betsy Ross!  She can sew better than you, Mom!"
Kids say the darnedest things, don't they?

2 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

Fancy Ross is my favorite! what a cutie. I am so in love with your life on the farm, you and I were cut out of the same cloth. being outside exploring with my kids is my idea of a perfect day for sure. your land is like eye candy..I want to visit and run through your orchards!

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, those are AWESOME! I love Fancy Ross and the Statue of Liberty one. Too cute!