This was us yesterday - 75° (probably closer to 80 something), at the park for play group, getting slightly sunburned faces, having fun with friends...

and this is us today...

(to answer the question I know you've all been asking yourselves...yes, Jonah has worn his boots every day since Christmas, but no, he does not sleep in them, much to his dismay!)
After a few weeks of absolutely perfect, sunshining, warm, 75+° weather, the sun has gone away to rest for a little bit and the rain clouds have taken his place. But that's okay - I love the rain too (except when it rains, and rains, and rains and doesn't stop for weeks - that stinks, but only happens here like every 15 years or so)! Its so peaceful and cleansing and it makes everything look (and grow) so green and it cleans the streets and my porch and my car. It makes me want to stay inside and cook and play games, and sip cocoa, and make crafts with my kids...of course none of which I have done yet today...hmm. And there's a chunk of me that really wishes I had cute rain gear to go out and jump in the puddles alongside my kids!
So does Jaxon look like he's in heaven or what?

Seriously, you would think the kid had never seen a puddle before. He was very apprehensive at first, but when he saw Jonah step through one, how could he resist? He let loose and fancy free! This was one of those times I really don't mind the muddy boots and wet clothes - it was just too darn cute watching this boy splash in this little puddle fit for an almost 2 year old! And honestly, how could I think this water-magnet of a child would really stay dry? I couldn't!



3 comments:
I guess the sun is coming our way! We are suppose to get up into the high 50's this weekend! Yahoo! Nothing like your 75 degrees but we'll take it. Jumping in the puddles does look fun though.
Great pictures, Jules!
I'm super jealous of your weather, as usual. I love California rain storms. Here they're only decent in the spring or summer, otherwise it just gets everything muddy and then freezes at night. But its funny, people here can drive on snow and ice, but nobody knows how to drive in the rain. Go figure.
LOVE your blog background!! where do you get your backgrounds?
Post a Comment