Seeing as Monday was a holiday, we decided to make a short trip down to Disneyland. We went with my mom - David had to work, so it was just me and the boys. Since we got year passes back in May, its nice to be able to just go and have fun and not worry about how many rides we do or don't go on. It was pretty crowded (duh, it was a holiday), so we didn't go on too many rides, but the kids sure had fun. Jonah is always lots of fun at Disneyland, but this is the first time Jaxon has really been aware of where he was. He was SO excited every time he saw the Toy Story logo - he'd yell "Oh, Wooey, Wooey, Wooey" (aka "Woody").

- The boys posing (or rather me trying to get them to pose) by the "R" at California Adventure while we waited to go in.
- We decided to hit the Toy Story ride first thing (seeing as it's Jax's favorite right now and its new, so its always crowded), but of course it had broken down, so Mr. Potato Head standing outside was all that we got to see of it.
- Next we headed over to Bugs Land. Jaxon LOVED the Heimlich ride.
- Jonah liked it too, as always.
- Oops, I skipped 5.
- Jonah loves the flying ride in Bugs Land. He chose to be in the Chinese food box.
- Jaxon was cracking us up, putting his hands in the air. He had a blast! He freaked out when we got out - he wanted to stay in.
- Like Jax's monkey leash? Yah, it didn't work so well, but he did like wearing it as a backpack.
- We made sure to go on the Monster's Inc ride too. The boys both love Sulley and Mike Wasouski! Jax was a little confused, though - he didn't quite get how the real characters could be in front of him.
- As we were walking out of Monster's Inc, I spotted Mr. & Mrs. Incredible. Woo-hoo! Jonah kept trying to cut in line - Jax calls them the "bls."
- Of course the highlight (for me anyway) was meeting Sulley. As we were walking away from the Incredibles, here came Sulley walking down the street. He couldn't sign Jonah's autograph book, though 'cause his hands were too big and his arms too long.
- While we waited for our fast passes to the Buzz Lightyear ride, we went on the Casey Jr. train. Jonah picked the "wild animal" cage and Jax loved the wind blowing through his hair.
- Next we went on Buzz Lightyear (the boys love this! I even like it - come on, you get to shoot lazors!), then Pirates (where I sat in a puddle of water - good thing it was 82° out!), then ended the day at Tarzan's treehouse. Why do I get suckered into climbing up there every single time? When am I gonna learn? Well at least it was at the end! My right calf is sore, though from climbing all those stairs (and of course Jonah runs up them, so I gotta keep up) :)
We had a fun time and can't wait to go back again!
By the way, if you go to disneyland.com, you can sign up to get into Disneyland on your birthday for free or if you have a pass, they give you a gift card good for anywhere in Disneyland for the equivalant of a ticket ($80 value!). Pretty cool!



3 comments:
I AM SO JELOUS!!! That is my happy place! I am glad that you guys got to go, sounds like you had so much fun! Next time call me, we can make a trip out of it! Plus, DJ and I could get a Marriott hotel room for $33!
What fun! We're saving for a good trip to DisneyWorld. I can't wait to take the boys. Good info about the free ticket on your birthday. Glad to see you made it into some pics too =)
I hope you guys are getting it all scoped out for us for when we come in a few months!
My fave picture is Jaxon with his leash - too cute! Reminds me of the pictures of us at Disneyland when we were little, with our leashes.
Post a Comment