
I just had to make a quick (ok, you know me, it won't be so quick) note that Jonah is finally back to school. 3 weeks vacation is too long (what am I gonna do when its summer?)! I guess if we had more money to go away for a real vacation or had a 2nd car so I could go on outings with the boys while David is at work or it was warmer and the fruit was all in season for us to pick, then maybe I would like it more. I do miss Jonah when he's away, but I am SO happy to have our regular routine back (meaning my boys actually wake up before 10 and my house is actually clean and stays that way)!
Jonah kept saying he didn't want to go back - that he wanted to stay home forever. I tried to explain to him that he would miss his friends and he wouldn't be able to learn all that he needs to like the other kids, but of course he wasn't sold. But when he got to school, the first thing he did was show his best bud "Cowboy Joshua" his new cowboy boots. To his surprise and excitement Josh had gotten the same boots, just a different color. Jonah was SO happy! When he got off the bus this afternoon the first thing he said was "Mom, guess what? I had the best week at school today!" Ya, I know he's a little confused, but I am glad he likes school again and was happy to be with his friends!



2 comments:
Whoa, 3 weeks is a long time for Christmas break! I'm glad he's happy to be back at school, though, with his and his friend's twinner boots:)
I'm impressed that you can get your house clean and kept clean with only one child missing for a few hours a day. When KJ goes to school, I think it gets worse since she actually helps me clean up and the others...not so much!
What a beautiful boy you have! That's so cute about the cowboy boots, and "cowboy Joshua"!
Post a Comment