Early Sunday morning Jaxon ended up in our bed (as he does pretty much every night) and just made himself right at home. Sadly I had to wake this cute boy up 5 minutes later to get him ready for church, which was tough...I mean, look as this cuteness all sprawled out!

Did you know that Saturday night was supposedly the biggest the moon will be all year? At least that's what Yahoo! told me. I tried to take a pict, but this was all I could get - of course I have a stinky camera and we were driving in the car (don't worry, I wasn't driving!).
We had the most beautiful weather Sunday! It was warm and sunny...as far as I know it was 75° all day (although I heard reports it was even warmer)! 75° in the middle of January? Ah, that's my Central Coast for ya! We're finally able to thaw out (ok, I know 45°-50° weather is nothing to you -30° people, but I'm a spoiled wimp, okay?).
January 1st our church time changed from 1pm to 9am, so since we had the whole day to hang out, we thought we'd enjoy the nice weather we're having! We took a walk all around the property - saw the cows, the chickens, the dogs. Jonah suggested that we pick raspberries, but when we said there were none he said, "how 'bout tomatoes, then?" Sorry bud, not those either. He wasn't convinced until we showed him that all the tomato plants had died and the berry bushes were hibernating (although if the weather stays this nice, they might just wake up early!). You can see Jaxon's new friend, Mator - he won't go anywhere without him - he even falls asleep with him clenched in his hand (and Woody in his other arm).

Jaxon has learned that all he needs is a chair and he can reach new heights! I left the room to grab something for Jonah and when I came back I found Jaxon had drug a chair over to the counter, climbed up and was finding treasures on top of the fridge. He was aiming for the kid vitamins, but when he found they had a childproof lid (thank goodness!), he went on to bigger, better things. And just what did he find?

Why candy, of course! And boy was he proud of his discovery!
I hope this weather keeps up! I function so much better when its nice. I feel like my house has been a mess the past month because its been so stinkin' cold in our house (remember we're heated by wood)! The last few days its been cleaner than it has been for a while - I've even been rearranging cupboards and moving rooms around. And when I went to take a shower this morning, I didn't even turn into an ice cube! That reminds me - I have to tell you a crazy story. Our bathroom has no insulation and gets no heat from the stove, so it is literally an ice box in there. Usually we use a portable heater in there when we shower so we don't totally freeze, but even then it never gets real warm (since I doubt there is ANY insulation at all - its only warm when the heater is directly on us). So last week David went to take a shower and it was pretty much record freezingness in there. During his shower he heard this crack and when he got out he found that the mirror had cracked! Yes, cracked! The mirror was so cold that the hot steam from the shower cracked it. Have you ever even heard of that happening before? Um, yah...only in our world! So needless to say, we are SO happy you have come back, beautiful weather. Please don't go away!





2 comments:
Haha, you're going to have to keep an eye on that Jaxon - or lock up all your candy:)
Funny about the mirror - I've never heard of that happening, especially since your idea of "freezing" is a little iffy:)
the mirror cracked?! craziness! i will appreciate my nice warm bathroom from now on!
wasn't it so neat how light it was outside from the moon this weekend? kind of bizarre, but definitely so cool.
Post a Comment