Yesterday afternoon the boys and I went over to my parent's house and helped them put up some of their Christmas decorations. We made more of a mess then helped, but we had fun anyway. My sister Carina did a great job on the tree...I'm jealous, I want a pretty, organized tree, but I know my kids would just mess it up, so for now I opt with a kid friendly one. Jonah kept posing for the camera...



Carina (or maybe it was my mom) had a great idea of giving the kids their own little tree to decorate themselves. Jonah put the ornaments on while Jaxon took them all down and played with them - go figure!
As we decorated we sang along to Christmas songs on the radio and afterward Jonah made gingerbread cookies with my mom. Then I worked on a few Christmas presents and my stockings and headed on home. Can you get any more festive than that? I think tonight we might put up our little fake tree (I really want a normal-sized real one this year...heck, I'd even take a normal-sized real looking fake one...but who knows, maybe it'll have to wait until next year!). I'd say I can't wait until Christmas, but I'm just so enjoying the before, that I don't want it to go by too fast or before I know it it will be over and I'll have to wait until next year.
Oh, and by the way, every day for the next 12 days (and probably beyond) I'll be posting yummy goody recipes on my food blog if you wanna check it out!
Hooray for the holidays!



2 comments:
hello martha stewart, I didn't know you were such a crafty girl in the kitchen. I love the thanksgiving hats, I also love that orchard you are walking through. is that around where you live? I know I always make comments about what it looks like there but you always post such delicious eye candy views!
Cute pictures - Jonah posing cracked me up! We don't have our tree yet (we have to go cut it down from a forest somewhere), but I got all the decorations up this year and have this sudden itch to bake cookies:)
Jake and I are the WORST about actually waiting for Christmas to give each other presents. Either we a buy it in front of the other one, or just can't wait and give it early. Someday it would be fun to actually have a surprise under the tree, but in 10 years of marriage we haven't managed that one yet:)
Post a Comment