Wednesday, December 10, 2008

OxiClean

(See how white the curtain is now?  This isn't a good picture of the shirt - the shadows make it look like there's still stains, but I promise there are none!)

A few of you asked, so here's the OxiClean products I use:

O.C. Versatile:  I only use it as a laundry booster on my whites and for my extra dirty loads.  The best way to use it is to dissolve some in water in a bowl and soak the clothes in it for a while, which really DOES work.  Jonah once had a white shirt totally covered in chocolate, strawberry juice, and tomatoes that sat for a few days.  I put it in OxiClean for an hour or so and it was cleaner than before the mess.  I've actually had a few shirts that were Jonah's that I've taken out now for Jaxon, that had 4-year old stains on them that I soaked in O.C. and totally got rid of them...crazy, I know (mind you, this doesn't work for ALL old stains!)

O.C. Carpet:  This is great for spots on your carpet & upholstery - I use it all the time.  The Woolite Oxi-Carpet stuff is great too.  When we wrecked our car back in April, we got it back a few months later with 2-month-old soda stains all over the upholstery & floor from the accident, as well as grease and autobody junk from the mechanics (real nice, I know), which had turned black.  It was really nasty.  I tried everything to get it out, but nothing worked.  So I sprayed the rugs and upholstery with Oxi-Clean Carpet spray, left it for a few minutes, then wiped it off with a moist towel.  I was amazed at how good it looked!  My car looked brand new again!

O.C. Laundry Stain Remove Spray:  This is my favorite of them all.  When you discover a stain, spray it and leave it until you're ready to wash it.  I'm tellin' ya, this works the BEST on berry stains...its amazing how fast and good it works!  I don't even put bibs/aprons on my kids anymore...it works that good!

O.C. Instant Stain Remover:  I love this, because its small so I can fit it in my purse (I love mini stuff like this - I also have a mini Febreeze spray I keep in my car!)  

So do I sound like an OxiClean ad yet?  I've found that if the stain isn't coming out, soak it in OxiClean a little longer and (for me at least), it almost always comes out! And make sure you wash it after you O.C. it, or else the stain doesn't completely come out.  Whenever Jonah eats something that will really stain, I always tell him to be careful because it will stain.  Lately he's been saying, "Well Mom, why don't you just Oxi-Clean it!" I hope that at least 1 of these things works for you too (I recommend the carpet & laundry spray the most!)...its changed my laundry world!

1 comment:

Durham said...

Thanks for these tips. I think I will try those sprays.