Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had quite the busy weekend.  Friday we all headed down to the theater to get some work done. It just so happened that 2 doors down they were having an open house celebration for this new "art exhibit" or shrine or whatever, so we thought we'd check it out. It was an interesting experience. There was a mariachi band playing to this shrine like thing of Guadalupa (I think...I thought it was Mary, but shows how much I know!). I guess I should take it in as a cultural experience, but it really was pretty weird.


Anyhow, we thought the Guadalupe parade was that night, but sadly it was the next, so we stayed and watched a movie...David & I watched the new Batman on the big screen while the boys watched Horton Hears a Who in David's office. It worked out pretty nicely!

Speaking of movies, I had to throw this in.  Can you guess who he's supposed to be?  If you haven't seen Kung Fu Panda, then you won't get it.   


Saturday was jam packed with stuff.  The boys spent the day with my parents.  They started off at Breakfast with Santa at my parents' church.  The boys had lots of fun...there was food, crafts, friends, and of course...Santa!  Jonah informed me that this was "The REAL Santa, not just Santa's helper".  Jonah apparently asked Santa for a Venus Flytrap...ya, I don't know where that came from.


The boys spent the rest of the day with Gramma & Grand Pa.  They even helped them rake the leaves!


While the boys were having fun with my parents, David and I were hard at work.  We did a photo shoot for a guy that David is currently recording-for his album cover.   Actually we had a lot of fun.  We went all over...the dunes at Guadalupe Beach (and it actually wasn't windy!), the theater, and Huasna townsite.  All beautiful places!  We were hoping to do a few out at Oso Flaco, but didn't have the time...maybe next time!  So I may not be a real photographer (although I wish I was!), but I sure do know some AWESOME places to take pictures!  David and Will decided the theme of the picts would be to have this chair in every pict.  The idea turned out good, but let me tell ya, it was a pain in the rear toting that thing everywhere!  The price we pay for good picts, right?  


So I have to thank my mom for trusting me with her camera.  Now I'm aching for a new camera!  I have a nice SLR, but I don't use it much (I hate developing film!)...I want a digital one!  I'll have to start saving my pennies!

David & I spent the rest of the day collecting firewood and planting orchids in the yard.  Saturday night we met up with my parents at their church Christmas party.  Jonah joined in with the Primary chorus (he's in the green at the far end) & we were privileged to hear my dad perform a few Christmas songs.


This morning I spent the morning in Jonah's class.  I was lucky enough (I say that sarcastically) to be put in charge of Jonah's class Christmas party (yes, they still call it a Christmas party here...not a "holiday" or "winter" party - we're in conservative farmer-ville here!)  It was quite the interesting experience.  First off it was pouring rain.  Then come to find out his teacher was gone and there was a substitute.  As interesting as it was, it turned out good.  We did it center style...they ate breakfast at one table, smelly Christmas playdough at another, and a craft at another.  Here was my craft, Pinecone Christmas Trees:


They turned out really cute, but I'm sure they'll be finding glitter in that room for weeks, maybe even months, to come.  I brought my camera, but didn't have a minute to take picts, bummer!  Here were my little snowman cookies I brought.  They were a big hit with the kids!


So now that things seem to be slowing down a little bit, I can now (hopefully) focus on finishing our stockings (I do have 1 done!) and getting my Christmas shopping finished!  Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow, you've been busy! Jonah's party looks like a lot of fun - KJ's class is going bowling for their party (no parental work required! ha!). We got KungFu Panda a week or two ago and totally love it - my favorite part is, "There is no charge for awesomeness..or..attractiveness." I think I'll make T-shirts out of that;)

I want to see more of your photo shoot pictures! The one you posted is awesome!

Looks like you guys are getting into Christmas in a big way!