
For those of you who have kids and have never tried OxiClean...do it! I'm their #1 fan...my kids are walking proof that it works! Just so you know, that curtain and his shirt are now 100% tomato free. It works wonders on all sorts of stains - berries, tomatoes, mud, you name it. I almost WANT my kids to get berry stains, just so I can spray them with OxiClean...you can literally see the stains disappear in less than a minute! Simply amazing!
These are our cute little snowman towels I bought at Target last year in their after-Christmas sale ($2 each!). The kids love it when I sing "Once Their Was a Snowman" while they get out of the tub...Jonah's "tall, tall, tall" and Jax is "small, small, small." Oh the little things that amuse our chillins.
Winter has definitely hit our little country cottage. It has gotten cold! Okay, for those of you living in Wyoming, Utah, or Idaho, it's nothin', but to me its chilly! And of course we don't have central heating, so we get to use this beauty:
We really were trying to avoid using it, but after I woke up this morning and I could see my breath inside the house, not to mention lately I've been going outside to "warm up," I thought we'd better just swallow our pride and build a fire already. We've been using an electric heater every now and then, but I know I won't be too happy when the electric bill comes. David grew up always having stove heat and swore he would never use one again...oops. I guess thats the price you gotta pay to live in paradise! So I got my first lesson on how to build a fire (I guess Girls Camp and Camp Fire Kids didn't prepare me enough) and I'm pretty darn proud of myself...I officially feel like a full-fledged country girl now.
Last, but certainly not least (did you really think I'd make a post without mentioning something Christmas related?), I had to tell you a cute thing Jonah said when he got off the bus today.
Jonah: "Joshua [his friend] said that he doesn't love Jesus."
Me: "Well maybe he doesn't know about Him like you do."
Jonah: "Well he said that Santa was the best thing about Christmas and I said, 'No, Jesus is more important than Santa' and he said 'I like Santa more' but I know the truth, Santa's not as important! I love Jesus the most!"
Its fun watching Jonah this Christmas, because he seems to be understanding a little bit more that its not all about presents and decorations. He doesn't seem to be as interested in Santa this year, as he is with Nativities and stories of Jesus. This is what I found in his stack of drawings the other day:
If you couldn't tell, its a Nativity with camels and cows (yah, that's what those things on the right are), wise men & all. My favorite is the angel and star at the top.



5 comments:
How fun to look at my blog and see you there! It looks like you have two little ones? Time flies. So are you just home with the kiddos?
I love Jonah's nativity picture! Those boys in their snowman towels were cute, too. Heather and I had a good laugh sitting here looking at Jaxon the Tomato. You're a pretty brave mama to give him a bowl of something red anyway - kudos to you:) I'm all out of oxyclean - although I do have a gallon of spray n' wash! Spray n'wash doesn't get out all of our red dirt stains, though, so I should try oxyclean...
I was REALLY reluctant to get a wood burning stove for our house, since I would feel sick every time we went to Jake's parents house and theirs was on. The smoke just does me in. But, we paid big bucks for one this winter as we watched our propane bill go up and up and up - and got a fancy one with very little emissions. I LOVE IT! Its in the basement and heats up our entire house, upstairs and down. We've only had the regular heater on ONCE this winter so far, when it got about 8 below zero. And the fuel is FREE! Yippee! The trick is to just not let the fire go out- start a big one, then chuck a log or two in every little while to keep it going. It'll stay nice and toasty and you won't have to have the door open long to let all the smoke out. Enjoy your crackling fire (and the money you're saving on your utilities!)...you can roast marshmallows in it for Family Home Evening:)
I had to crack up of the picture of Jaxon with the mess. Too funny! That's great that Jonah said that to his friend. In our ward during primary, one of the bishopbric came and asked the kids what was the best thing about Christmas and pretty much all of them said "Santa" or "presents". Good job Jonah for sticking to the real meaning of Christmas!
I'm impressed that you built a fire for warmth! Crazy! So which oxiclean product do you use. I have the laundry detergent booster and I haven't been too impressed.
Awww, I am so sorry that you have to use the burner! Ugh, been there, not fun! That is so great about Jonah, he is such a smart boy! I love the nativity picture that he drew!
Post a Comment