Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Tooth Fairy!

I forgot to mention Jonah's visit from the Tooth Fairy.  He went to bed really good Thursday night partly because he was warn out from the day and partly because he wanted the Tooth Fairy to come.  He woke up earlier then normal and was SO excited to find a letter from the tooth fairy, $3, a new toothbrush, and toothpaste (We, I mean she, figured if the toothbrush and toothpaste came from her, then he might be more excited to use it more often).  The note wrote:
Dear Jonah,
You are such a brave, brave boy.  Thank you for the teeth and here is a little something extra for your bravery.
love,
the Tooth Fairy
Friday Jonah "had" to bring his money to school to show his friends (which I knew wouldn't be a good idea, but I had to choose my battles).  Of course he came home with NO money.  I asked him where it was and he said "I gave it to Reed."  I tried to explain to him that it was a special gift from the Tooth Fairy, but his reply was "But Mom, Reed's mom doesn't buy him ANY toys and he has NO money."  Well I couldn't argue with that...he was trying to be generous...until he said, "Reed's mom only bought him a Game Boy and she'll only buy him games for his Game Boy.  He gets nothing."  Yah, nothing.  So anyway, he doesn't seem to be sad that he lost it, so I guess neither am I.  

By the way, Jonah's recovery has been better than perfect so far.  He only complained once that his tooth hurt, but I gave him a fudgesycle and some tylenol and he was fine.  The last time I gave him anything was Thursday night around 6:30 and he hasn't been in pain since!  His teeth stopped bleeding before we left the oral surgeon's office and he was back to his old tricks in no time!  Yesterday morning I wasn't going to send him to school just in case he had pain during the day, but he woke up early and insisted on going, so I let him and he was totally fine.  I wish we all recovered that easy/fast!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well! I guess that you guys are coming to Visalia tonight! So excited! See you soon!

Sandy said...

I'm impressed that Jonah is so generous...but it sounds like his little friend has a bit of a warped sense of reality! Oh well! Our tooth fairy is "Opal", sister to "Pearl", who was OUR toothfairy (remember the letters we would get that looked suspiciously like Dad's handwriting?).

Julie said...

That's funny - of course I remember Pearl! Opal, that's good! We don't know our Tooth Fairy's name yet.

Brandaan and Melissa said...

We miss our Jonah! I'm surprised he didn't come home with six dollars. Miss you all!

Dyan said...

Yes, you can be our personal travel agents! It will be nice to be in AZ so that all of our vacations won't have to be there now. Of course CA will be one of our first places to return to so hopefully we'll see you in the next year! Of course you're always welcome to take a road trip to AZ as well. We'll let you know when we have a place to live!