It's been a while since I posted some real stuff (quizzes don't count!) and a lot has gone on since my last post. So here's our catch up (sorry its so long...I seem to be doing these more often then not lately).
First things first, we FINALLY got a new car! I have officially joined the ranks as a Mini Van Mom and I LOVE it!
A while back we drove up to a park not too far up the road from us called Biddle Park (fam, anyone remember this place? I think BP used to have Boy Scout stuff here). It is absolutely gorgeous! It is completely surrounded by huge Sycamore (and some Oak) trees.
Jonah loved this tree. It looks like it's fallen down, but its actually still a living tree that has actually grown like this.
Jax liked peeking in the giant hole in the side.
Right before we left, David gave Jonah driving lessons...the scary thing is he's a really good driver!
At the car dealership where we got our car, they have this old fire truck for sale and it just happened to be in the service department when we stopped by one day. The guys there were nice enough to let the boys climb all over it...they were in heaven!
(I love Jaxon's GQ pose in this picture)
Jonah just couldn't understand why we couldn't buy it. He said "But Mom, what if someone else buys it before we do? Maybe we should tell Grand Pa about it!" Silly boy!
Of course we made Caramel Apples...it just wouldn't be Fall without them! This year was definitely our best, though. We used the apples off our apple tree and they were simply heavenly!
Last week I brought Jonah to the doctor and found that he needed to have an X-Ray done on his intestines. At first he thought it would be cool, but the longer he waited in the waiting room, the more scared he got. But being the brave little boy that he is, he went right up on that table and it was a snap (literally). He even got to see the X-ray on the computer when he was done...then he thought it was REALLY cool. As we walked out he said, "can I get one done of my whole body so I can see all my bones?"
We found that the Saturday before Halloween there was a lot going on in our area, so the boys dressed up (not in their Halloween costumes) and we set off.
Jonah wore his Spidey costume...
While Jaxon wore the leopard costume my mom made me when I was a little girl. He was excited to see that he was just like Leopy.
We checked out Border's Spooktacular Event where they had coloring, snacks, and a scavenger hunt.
Afterward we ran a few errands (with the kids still in costume) and we actually got free stuff at both the health food store and Trader Joe's all because our kids were dressed up...sweet!
Then we headed to the carnival, but it was so crowded that we decided just to play at the park instead. Jax's favorite thing was the jeep - I thought it was pretty funny seeing a leopard driving a safari jeep!
Later in the week David was home earlier then usual, so we decided to head down to the beach to watch the sun set.
(Jax has become SUCH a Daddy's boy!)
David & the boys are actually standing in the exact spot where David proposed to me! What a lucky gal I am! Oh the memories!
Jonah had such a blast! Not only did he get to write his name in the sand...
but there were big rocks to climb...
and LOTS of caves to explore.
We found an old steep erroded closed off staircase leading up the cliff - it was really cool.
And to our wonderful surprise, a new calf was born! This has been the 3rd one born, but he's already my favorite. I am in love with this calf...he is SO stinkin' adorable! He's just this tiny little thing...smaller than the other 2 were and just so sweet! Supposedly there are 2 or 3 more to come here in the near future...I'm just glad my boys haven't yet experienced the miracle of birth...I much rather prefer waking up and finding them already born!
The younger non-school age kids from church all got together this week and had a little Halloween party. There were only 5 of them, but they sure were cute!
Jaxon dressed up in Jonah's old Monkey/Curious George costume...it suited him well!






We got to go to my parents ward's Trunk or Treating a couple days before Halloween. I think Jonah was more interested in handing out candy then getting it.
Jonah finally got to carve his pumpkin this week. I'm not a big fan of carving pumpkins...I'd prefer painting...that way they don't just rot and/or attract bugs on your front porch. Plus they last longer that way. But of course he felt he needed to carve it, so that he did...and he painted it too.
He wanted it to look like Jack the Pumpkin Head on Nightmare Before Christmas...he was pretty proud of his masterpiece!
And finally the moment you've all been waiting for, the unveiling of my costume creations! Introducing...
BATMAN
Yes, I did skimp out this year and didn't make Jonah's gloves or face mask, but the rest is all homemade. Jonah made sure that everyone knew that he was the "old fashioned Batman..." we wanted him to be the one from the old 1960's t.v. show w/Adam West. (I did end up moving the logo up, so in my later picts it looks better!)
and ROBIN
My favorite are his Robin booties...he really did wear elf-like boots! I couldn't get him to wear his mask long enough for a picture, but he still looks cute as can be!
Halloween morning Jonah's school had a Costume Parade. There were 3 other kids in his class dressed like Batman, but the cool thing was that they all had different costumes!
Here's Jonah's class.
David's parents were in town, but stayed in Pismo for the weekend, so we stopped by that night to show them the boys in their costumes. It was too cute watching them all dressed up looking off the hotel balcony at the ocean!



Halloween night we went to our church's Trunk or Treat. I love T. or T., 'cause it's quick, it's safe, and it's fun. Of course the boys had to bring the Bat Mobile!
I can proudly say that my son now has deemed me "the coolest mom EVER" (its about time he realized it!) because I made him his own bat mobile and "none of the other kids have one!" Yeah, I AM pretty cool! At the end David took turns giving all the little kids rides in the bat mobile - I would have to say that we were the highlight of the night! :)
We got to spend the rest of the weekend with David's parents. We had lots of fun. The boys favorite part was hanging out in the hot tub with Daddy & Papa!
So as you can see, we've been having lots of fun! Halloween is over (thank goodness!)...hopefully you all were safe, had fun, and didn't eat too much candy!



7 comments:
You did an awesome job on those costumes!! AND the Batmobile -you thought of everything! Too bad we didn't live closer...Josh just barely still fits my old leopard suit; that would have been a cute picture of him and Jaxon together!
Yes I would say that you are the coolest mom ever. The costumes alone were great. What a little sewer you are. Jaxon is the cutest little robin ever. Then the batmobile. What a clever idea. My boys thought that was the coolest.
I was so excited to see what you would come up with. That was great. Can I borrow them next year for my boys?! Oh.. and congrats on the new car. Welcome to the mini van club!
Congrats on joining the mini-van mom club! You won't regret it.
I can't believe you made Jonah a batmobile! You are to coolest mom! Your boys look adorable. You guys live in a great area. I love all of the outdoorsy things you are always doing.
I LOVE the catch up on the fam, I can't believe you made those costumes. I'm with Jonah, you are the coolest mom ever. how come everything you do there looks amazing, I gotta check this place out. but it is probably just cause your so cool!
Oh my gosh are you flippin' kidding me!!! Julie you are amazing! I can't believe those costumes, they are awesome! And the batmobile... I feel kind like a lame mom now! Just kidding... But wow, you are awesome! Congrats on the new car! That's great, I keep trying to talk DJ into the minivan but it's harder than I thought. Love you guys!
I don't even know what to comment on first, mini-van mom! Ha, I knew we'd get you eventually. I have my eye on a new Toyota Sienna, but for now have to settle for my Mazda. Whatever!
Those costumes are cool... as in totally awesome! Wow, you really are the master. My kids would probably rather hang out with you now. Cool costumes, bat mobiles, fruit and veggies all over the place and cows. Can't get any better.
Post a Comment