Friday, August 29, 2008

Good Read

So I finally did it...I read Twilight.  I know, I'm a little slow.  To tell you the truth, I'm not a big reader - I read slow, my kids constantly interupt me and I really don't have much time to really get into a book.  So now that Jonah's in school and Jax has been taking long naps, I've had time.  

The funny thing is that David actually read it before me.  His mom gave it to him to read on the plane...he knew nothing about it other than that it had vampires in it (he's a big fan of the history behind vampires and books that bring that out), so he blindly read it...and liked it enough at least to finish the series.  He was pretty embarrassed when he popped it out at the dental clinic and all the dental students made fun of him...they said they all refused to read it because all their wives had read it and now compared them to Edward.  

So what did I think?...It was great.  

Did I love it?...Well that depends on what you mean by LOVE?  I read it in 2 days (which is VERY fast for me, especially considering how LONG it is!).  I've already started in on New Moon and will definately follow up with the other 2.  You know the thing I enjoyed the most was that it was a love story and it involved vampires, but it wasn't gory and it wasn't nastily sexual...it was very tactful!

Would I recommend it?...Definitely.

I give 2 High 5's to Stephanie Meyer for a really good book!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Although I've been a little embaressed when my 14 year old babysitter wants to discuss the books with me (hehe)...I loved them, too! Glad you joined the vampire party:) So are you an Edward or Jacob fan? Obviously my heart already lies with a super tall, wolfish type named Jacob:)

Julie said...

Thanks for giving away the next book!

Fife Family said...

I just barely read twilight and new moon too-- after refusing to jump on the vampire bandwagon for a long time. :) I'm on the third third one now. I read both the first ones pretty fast, but I can't say that I'm obsessed. I can see how women would start to compare their husbands to Edward, but I think the whole thing is so unrealistic and dramatic. I guess that's why we like them though huh?

Brandaan and Melissa said...

I'm so excited that you finally gave in. I was so stubborn at first and was basically forced into reading Twilight. When Brandaan saw me reading the book he had to take a double look because he was convinced that I didn't know how to read. Since we got married the only thing he saw me read was US Weekly and he thought I was just looking at the pictures! Anyways, my heart is breaking because I have nothing to read now that I'm done with the series. I just started reading them again from the beginning, which I never thought I could do and it's just as good.

We miss you guy's. I think we're going to come and visit around October. We might spend Halloween there because Reese is going to be Tinkerbell and that costume is a little too cold for Idaho.
Melissa

Kelly said...

So glad you read it! I just finished the fourth. I love the whole series. Dieing that David read it! So funny.