Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Daddy's home!...and a few other things too

Ok, so its been a couple days since I've written.  I've been busy...

After 10 LONG days away, David is finally home - ya-hoo!  He came home early (well very early - 1 am) Tuesday morning.  He was in Virginia visiting his sister Sara and her family...Steve (Sara's husband) did a lot of "practicing" on David at the school clinic (he's in his last year of dental school).  Supposedly he was pretty popular and Steve was pretty envied in the clinic 'cause he had so much work to be done...my poor baby!  I'm so happy to have my wonderful husband back and the boys sure are glad to have their daddy back!  Jaxon came in our bed Tuesday morning around 6, saw David and was bright-eyed - you should have seen the boy attack his daddy!  And before school Tuesday morning Jonah jabbered on and on about his first day of school.  David, you were definitely missed and we're SO glad you're home!

School is going GREAT for Jonah.  I just wanted to clarify that milk is NOT a dollar, but 50 cents (still a lot for a little thing of milk, but a much better price!).  He is doing SO well!  He loves his teacher and the kids and his class.  He wakes up with no questions asked in the mornings (it is VERY rare for him to wake up early and not cranky and did I mention early?) and he's been going to bed early (well early for him!).  School has been wonderful for him!  The only issue we're having now is that he REALLY wants to ride the bus home, so we're gonna try it next week.

Jaxon hasn't really seemed to notice Jonah's absence, since he pretty much naps the entire time.  He does get excited when he comes home, though.
 
To answer all your questions - no, I surprisingly didn't cry Jonah's first day, but I was nervous.  I couldn't sleep Sunday night, I woke up before my alarm went off, and when I did get up, I had the worst stomach ache all from nerves.  It was seriously like it was MY first day of school.  David thought that was pretty funny...I do have to say I had to laugh at myself for that one!  

Since Jonah's been in school, I have been having the most wonderful mornings!  I drop him off, then come home and spend some time with Jax, but after like 1/2 an hour, he goes down for a nap...and this entire week he's been taking LONG naps, so he's asleep pretty much the entire time Jonah's at school, so I get pretty much the entire morning to myself - something I haven't had since, well before Jonah was born.  Since we only have 1 car and David doesn't have to go to work until the early afternoons, I actually have been able to spend some time with him - I can actually have real adult conversations with my husband now and not have it be 2 in the morning (when I'm 1/2 asleep) or kids interrupting us...its been very nice.  

So I think this whole school think is really working out for all of us (well except maybe David, who has to wait a few hours to go to work now, but he gets to be with ME!).

No comments: