We were in the valley this weekend and it was stinkin' hot! So it got me thinking about our little piece of heaven here. There is just something about the Central Coast that just can't keep us away! I was lucky enough to have grown up here, but David on the other hand grew up vacationing here and has had a love for it ever since he was a young boy (he even swore that he would marry someone from here - hmm, is that REALLY why he married me? :). It is a wonderful place to live and to raise a family.
- Beautiful Weather - our average yearly temperature is in the mid 70's - it rarely gets over 90 or under 60.

- Fresh Produce - they grow everything here - berries, mainly strawberries, lettuce, broccoli, avocados, citrus, corn...need I go on? They grow everything here! And there are so many fresh produce stands and farmers markets to buy from.

- Out of, but Close to the Big Cities - we are located exactly right in the middle of LA & San Francisco, so we're out of the hustle and bustle, but close enough for a weekend getaway. We don't deal with major traffic jams and there's always a back way to wherever you're going. We do have an airport, but are close to bigger airports if you wanna bring your ticket price down a bit (although with gas prices, your ticket would probably cost the same as if you drove down to a bigger airport). Oh, and most importantly we don't have the smog and yuggy air of the big cities!

- Kid/Family-Friendly - There are so many parks and places to visit - the Children's Museum, parks, natural and historical museums, missions, zoos, Avila Barn, did I mention LOTS of parks?

- Outdoor Fun - There's so much to do here! Hiking, biking, 4-wheeling, boating, kayaking, swimming, driving, camping, surfing, waterskiing, shopping, diving...could go on for days. I'd have to say the only thing we don't have is snow, but even that is only 2 hours away - perfect for a day drive. And everything is so clean and kept up.

- So Many Places to Visit - lots of beaches, the lakes, the mountains, the valleys, Oceano/Pismo and Guadalupe dunes, Oso Flaco Lake, and our personal favorite, Montana de Oro.

- Shopping - there are some really good downtowns here, especially in SLO - it's a world all its own. So much to see and do!

- Good Food - we've got some real good restaurants. And more importantly, great grocery stores! Can't beat Trader Joes and New Frontiers (and supposedly coming soon, Whole Foods!). Back to restaurants - we know all the good places - Italian, Indian, Thai - you name it, they've got it and its good.

- Good Education - there are so many good schools here (elementary, middle & high schools) for the kids, but we've got 2 great junior colleges and Cal Poly, which is an awesome university.

- Culture - the Central Coast has so much culture. There are fairs and festivals for everything and everyone. Parades and exhibits, entertainment galore. It's a real artsy melting pot!

- Safe - of course no place is without ANY crime, but it is definitely low here. I have never lived anywhere here that I didn't feel safe at home or walking in the dark at night. A lot of people think of CA as being high in crime because they think of the big cities with their gangs and crime and such - not the case here - you don't really see that sort of stuff around here.

- WE Live here!!!! Do you really need any more reason than that? I know, you're packing your boxes now...but really, we're awesome and cool and fun and hey, we've got a movie theater...what more could you ask for. :)

Okay, that was 12. So if you're not convinced to (or just can't) move here, you should at least come and visit! So I expect to see you all here by next year! We're expert movers with LOTS of experience, so we'll help you out. And for those of you wanting to make a trip of it, just know "our door is always open to our friends who pass this way!" :)



2 comments:
Yes, I know...I KNOW! Quit rubbing it in:)
Okay we are moving! I wish. But really it does sound perfect. I'll keep it on my list....
The last reason is my favorite!
Post a Comment