
So I had to give a shout out to Michael Phelps, who is absolutely incredible...need I say more? He is seriously a freak of nature and I mean that in a really good way. Did any of you actually doubt that he would get all 8 medals? Awesome!


My other shout out has to be to Jeff Powers of the US Water Polo team. I went to high school with him - he was a year younger than me. I can't say we hung out or really knew each other, but he was good friends with my brother- they swam and played water polo together (in fact my little bro was just as good if not better than he was and could have easilly been right next to him in the Olympics. But since my brother was a water polo drop out, I have to watch Jeff instead...just kidding Brandaan!). Anyway - he's a really nice guy and an AWESOME water polo player! They say he has one of the most deadliest shots in the world. I haven't been able to watch any of the games yet, but according to David he played really good and according to USA today, he was the one who won the game against Germany. So I just had to give a huge hurray for our local Olympian Jeff Powers!



1 comment:
I didn't know Jeff Powers was on the team - cool. My only claim to Olympic fame is that I knew Ryan Millar (men's volleyball) from BYU. I barely knew Ryan -- mostly just his roommates -- but its as close to Olympics fame as I can get:) Jake threw the shot put against a guy who was in the last couple Olympics, though. Too bad Jake or Brandaan didn't keep going - its a mighty nice payout when you get a medal these days:)
Post a Comment