Sunday, March 30, 2008

Montana de Oro

I guess you can tell the weather has been really nice lately, because it seems we've been doing a lot of fun things.  Since we have no yard, though, we've got to get out lots so we don't get total cabin fever and so my kids can run around and get a little energy out (walks and running around the theater just doesn't seem to cut it).  

Yesterday we spent a couple hours at Montana de Oro, David and my "Happy Place."  Its where David and I like to go to step out of our busy life and take a breathe of fresh air...literally.  The drive through the Eucolyptus Grove is just so relaxing...we just couldn't help but forget our worries for a little bit.  

We went on the little trail loop and checked out the beautiful ocean and cliffs.  

The wildflowers were in full bloom and unfortunately so were my allergies!  But they were SO beautiful.  

It's a great place to go to see lots of California Poppies (for those of you non-Cal
ifornians, CA Poppies are our state flower). 


Jonah's favorite part naturally was the tidepools.  He searched for Spongebob and Patrick, but couldn't find either, just LOTS of Mr. Crabs!  Aren't kids so cute?  His favorite of the day, though were the sea anemones, because they eat everything.  We were actually lucky enough to find an anemone skeleton - a big one, too - something I've never found in all my days at the beach (I've just found really small ones).  


We did have a little accident, though.  Jonah was climbing on some rocks and slid down on his belly...not a good idea!  So he came out of it with a good battle wound...at least its something to talk about anyway.  (The picture only shows 1 of the 3 scrapes)


Jaxon LOVED the rocky sand!  He had this stick that he would dig and dig with.  Every now and then he'd lift it up and say "OOOO" in the cutest way only Jaxy can do.  When it was time to go, I picked him up and he threw a mighty hefty tantrum.  I put him back in the sand and he dug away like nothing had ever happened.  That's my boy!  We decided this is the only place he's ever been where he actually sits still the entire time! We need to come to the beach more often!!

That's why we call it Our Happy Place!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm so jealous!! Montana de Oro is my favorite place in the whole world!! Great pictures - Jaxon and Jonah are so stinkin' cute!