Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Jaxon!

Our baby turned 1!


It's so hard to believe that our little Jaxon Ammon turned 1 today!  This year has gone by extremely fast.  I am so thankful for Jaxon.  He is such a wonderful, happy boy!  What a fun little guy he is.  We didn't do much for his birthday.  In fact Jonah got to go to work with David today, so that left Jaxon and me to hang out for most of the day.

  Jaxon had a farm birthday theme.  We got him the Fisher Price Little People Farm.  Jonah helped me dress Jaxon appropriately for the party.  It was only appropriate that he would go for a little ride on his pony.

I pretty much spent the whole day making his cake.  I don't do anything small when it comes to birthday cakes.  I'm just happy that this one made it all in one piece (I made a pirate cake for Jonah's b-day, but it broke in 1/2 before I could take a picture).  Just FYI, the barn is brown instead of red because I learned the hard way that red frosting is nasty.  For Jonah's 2nd b-day I made him a fire engine cake and I had to add SO much red dye to the frosting that the it tasted disgusting, so I vowed I would avoid massive amounts of red frosting in the future.  A brown barn is more natural anyway ;)  I think it turned out pretty good.  The haystacks were better this time than Saturdays (I used dyed coconut for the hay and grass, cookie crumbs for the dirt and juicy fruit gum for the roof).  Fun stuff.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAXON!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

GREAT cake!! You do such a good job with those birthday cakes! Is Jaxon really one already?! Wow - I have NOT done a good job of keeping track of birthdays lately...including yours...(sorry!sorry!sorry!)...I'll just blame it on being sick. All the snot has watered down my memory or something!

Sandy said...

The rest of your posts won't let me add comments...but it looks like you guys have had a good time lately! The boys look so stinkin' cute in their Easter clothes - and loved the one with Jaxon and his toilet paper - too funny! Once I saw rolls of toilet paper at a craft fair that someone had embroidered the first few sheets with a sewing machine...maybe I should get ahold of one of those for his Christmas present this year?! I think you should come visit us in Wyoming...we have LOTS of dirt!!

Brandaan and Melissa said...

Genious! Gum for the roof! I never would have thought in a million years. I usually just look at the pictures, but this time I had to read the message to find out how you constructed that roof. Brandaan pointed out the pig sty! I think he's a little jealous he never had a cake like that when he was little. You're such a great mom to put so much time into making your kids so happy!