Friday night David's band played at Concerts in the Plaza (an annual series of concerts in the Mission Plaza - every Friday all summer long theres a different band that plays for 2 hours). Its somewhat of a big deal - lots and lots of people hear their music which otherwise might not. Its a big deal to David because our boys actually get to watch him play (most shows are only for 21+) and so do lots of his friends and family who don't particularly like to stay up late to watch. In fact David's parents came over for the show and David's aunt and uncle came as well. It was pretty cool.
It was fun watching these guys.
I made all 3 of the boys matching shirts in tribute to their dad (seeing as it was father's day weekend and all!). I'm assuming most of you don't have any clue what this shirts about. Its modeled after the Telefunken symbol...Telefunken is known for their awesome vintage (and new) microphones. So I recreated it, switching the "TELEFUNKEN" with "RADMACHER."
Before we left for the concert, Jonah was adamant that he have a sign that read "Go Dad!" And of course Jaxon has to have whatever Jonah has. So they waved their flags in between songs!
The boys did a little dancing with Ma.
Jamen slept the ENTIRE time! (Don't worry, I DID put ear plugs in his ears!)
There were a lot of crazy old people dancing...some of which I'd rather forget all together. Ma and I had a blast watching them all! This couple was my favorite. They were the first ones out on the dance floor and they were awesome! They did a little fox trotting, a little mashed potato...and all the while he had the most perfect posture...amazing! It made for some awesome dancing! So cute!
Speaking of crazy (besides the lady to the left)...there was this guy...
Odd is the only word I really have to describe him. He started off in the crowd playing harmonica to himself, then he upgraded to a red plastic flutey-recorder thing. I think it may have been a child's toy...don't know though - it could have been a rare flute from South America...nope, definitely a child's toy. He walked amongst the dancers, playing away. To who? I don't know, because you couldn't hear him unless you were close enough. I know this because for some reason (I believe it was the camera in my hand), he ended up RIGHT in front of me - he kept staring me down while he played RIGHT in front of me (luckily there was a stroller between us!) like I was a snake in a basket or something. Really weird! I don't know, maybe he thought I could get him a spot in the band or something. Sorry buddy, not a chance! Very creepy!
These 2 were my other favorite dancers - Uncle Billy and Aunt Pam - they're awesome - I can always count on them to enjoy a good show! Thanks for coming you 2...you're the best!
These 2 were my other favorite dancers - Uncle Billy and Aunt Pam - they're awesome - I can always count on them to enjoy a good show! Thanks for coming you 2...you're the best!
Papa and Uncle Billy were cracking me up...on one point I looked over at them sitting next to each other - Papa was bobbing his head to the beat and Billy was doing the exact same thing, just in triple time. It was awesome! (I DID film it by the way boys...watch out, it may come out!) :-)
My dad and mom and little sister were there too. My mom made David's night...she said, "wow, his mustache actually looks pretty good from down here!" Coming from my mom (who hates facial hair), that's an incredible compliment - David was so pleased with his stache! :-)
It was a fun night. David was incredible (should I expect less than incredible?) and the band was pretty good too :) On the way home I asked Jonah what he thought and he said "Dad was AWE-SOME!" Let me tell you, for David, that made the night ALL worth it!!














3 comments:
That sounds so fun, Julie. We'd love to come see David play sometime. Keep us posted on his next gig. And, I love the t-shirts! :)
Mom doesn't hate all facial hair--just prefers that it not be on the face of her true love! :)
So fun! Wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment