Last Saturday we actually had a really boring day. David needed my help getting a bunch of stuff done down at the studio, so the boys just played in the dirt out back and watched t.v. Not our typical Saturday. Jonah was really bummed. The day before we brought him to Avila Barn after school and had dinner at Hoagies in the picnic area at Avila Hot Springs, then went home and watched a movie...he said "this was the BEST day EVER!" So Saturday was even more of a drag. So on our way home that night we stopped by Doc Bernsteins Ice Cream shop. Jonah begs me every day after school to go, but we never go. So this made the day ALL better to him!
That night we went home and Jonah's pirate tooth (he has a silver capped tooth) was KILLING him! Next day it was worse and a little abscess was swelling on his gums below it. GREAT! So he suffered through the day and the night since there was nothing we could do until Monday. Monday morning he woke up with a big ol' fat swollen cheek...NOT a good sign! So I called the dentist right away. I refuse to go to the dentist who did the original work since he's already had to have 3 of the 8 teeth he "fixed" pulled. So we tried out a new dentist. He was really great and got us in ASAP. Unfortunately he had bad news for us...not only did he need his pirate tooth out, but he needed 2 others and possible 1 more pulled. 3, maybe 4 more teeth pulled???? Ugh! Oh, and by the way he lost a tooth Sunday night (one that was supposed to come out).
We are lucky enough to have a good friend who is an oral surgeon who we called and he got us in right away. He took one look at his teeth and said the 4th tooth would DEFINITELY have to come out and that it was probably the one that was causing him the most pain. Since Jonah was in so much pain, he wanted to pull them right away, but since it was so quick, he opted to just gas and numb him instead of put him out. We ALL realized afterward that that was a big mistake. Poor thing felt WAY too much. We felt SO bad, but within the hour he was feeling SO much better with those yucky teeth out!
So this was Jonah's face AFTER surgery. Jonah's body works like Davids...the numbing never kicks in right away like its supposed to, so they feel the pain during the procedure, the dentist keeps pumping 'em full of numbing to no avail, then they go home, the numbing kicks in full force and they're numb for hours. Since his lip was all numb and puffy, Jonah kept biting and sucking on it, making it even puffier!
I don't know how Jonah's gonna really eat seeing as he now is missing 8 teeth (well 1 will grow back soon enough). One good thing did come out of this for Jonah, though. He got to stay home from school all week. By Thursday or Friday he was ready...well I was ready for him to go back, but he was SO embarrassed about his lip, that I gave in and let him stay.
This was my mistake letting him stay home yesterday. I was doing some stuff at David's work so the boys played out in the back. I came out to check on them and found this...
So this was Jonah's face AFTER surgery. Jonah's body works like Davids...the numbing never kicks in right away like its supposed to, so they feel the pain during the procedure, the dentist keeps pumping 'em full of numbing to no avail, then they go home, the numbing kicks in full force and they're numb for hours. Since his lip was all numb and puffy, Jonah kept biting and sucking on it, making it even puffier!
Poor guy! Then the next day his lip only looked worse...this HUGE blister developed...yuck!
I don't know how Jonah's gonna really eat seeing as he now is missing 8 teeth (well 1 will grow back soon enough). One good thing did come out of this for Jonah, though. He got to stay home from school all week. By Thursday or Friday he was ready...well I was ready for him to go back, but he was SO embarrassed about his lip, that I gave in and let him stay.
This was my mistake letting him stay home yesterday. I was doing some stuff at David's work so the boys played out in the back. I came out to check on them and found this...
Jonah had brought out some water to make mud to make an African brick house (he's learning about Africa in school). All this from one little puddle of mud?
The best was watching David and Hans hose Jaxon and his clothes off.
Finally clean, but what does he do?
Goes right back in the mud and gets dirty again. Oh well.
Oh boys! Am I REALLY about to have ANOTHER one? ;)











3 comments:
I love love love your blog Julie, your boys are so cute and what a great Mom and Dad you both are...boys have to get dirty to be happy and you let that happen!
love ya
Diane
love, love, love you blog. You boys remind me of mine and I loved my boys...my girl too tho. I love little boys that get down in the dirt and play...tooo cute my dear
<3 Diane
Poor Jonah!! I'm glad the swelling is going down and he's feeling better...I guess he gets his fill of ice cream for a while until his teeth grow back in, eh?
Post a Comment