Saturday, May 15, 2010

Avila Barn

Todays adventure landed us at Avila Barn.  We LOVE Avila Barn.  Its so cool.  The kids fed the animals, ran around, ate candy...so fun.  At one point Jonah turned to me and said, "Wow, Avila Barn is like the best place on the planet!  It is SOOO awesome!  I LOVE Avila Barn!"  Seriously if I didn't know better, I'd think he was at Disneyland for the first time!  But I do have to say that I totally agree with him.   It's so up our alley!


With all of its greatness, though, I'd have to say that THIS was the highlight of my Avila Barn visit today:


A couple weeks ago they started selling sandwiches, so we decided to try it out.  This was their garden veggie sandwich with marinated artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion (I remove those...David likes 'em), cucumber, lettuce, sprouts, creamy avocado, drizzled with Italian dressing.  Oh, it was SO heavenly!  They serve it with a side of pasta salad that too was mighty tasty and a chocolate dipped strawberry.  I never got the strawberry...Jonah and Jaxon took care of that for me.


Oh Avila Barn, you just get better and better!

3 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

I WANT that sandwich very bad right now....you cute pregnant girl deserve it. your baby is still not here? you poor thing hang in there and post pics as soon as something happens...I'm sending good vibes your way!

Sandy said...

Oh man, that sandwich looks GOOD!! Hopefully its good for making mamas go into labor?!

The Salinas Family said...

Ok that lunch sounds sooo good. That is such a cool place...a boy heaven. We seriously have to get our kids together one day!!