We've really been trying to get out and enjoy this beautiful spring weather we've been having. Two weekends ago we headed down to Pismo to visit the caves again. Jonah especially LOVES the caves. He's an explorer...he would make a great real life Indiana Jones! The weather, the tide, the beach were just perfect! Everything here on the Central Coast is so green...including the beach! I apologize for so many pictures, but I loved them all, so I had to include all of them!
My boys are such beach bums. They love, love, LOVE the beach! Jonah my little geologist, went around collecting rocks, while Jaxon jumped in every puddle he could find.

David and I always have a good time too. Sitting back, catching in some rays and watching the kids run around.

The boys climbed every rock they could find. Their favorite was the one they could slide down.

And explored the caves.

And of course what would a visit to the beach be without digging in the sand?

Jonah found this red rock and said, "Hey look, its like the rock in that pebble book Daddy likes!" He's referring to "Sylvester and the Magic Pebble," which was one of David's favorite books as a kid.

The only bummer part of the entire day was these stinkin' stairs! When in one's 3rd trimester of pregnancy, one should not climb these often. I'm thinking in a couple weeks I might just attempt them again to induce my labor! (Oh, and a fun fact that I'm sure I've pointed out before - right on that platform 1/2 way up the stairs is where David proposed to me...oh the memories!)

From the beach we made a wardrobe change and headed to the pier. Jaxon's always positive he can see "scary sharks" and Jonah claims he can see the fish.

From the pier we walked around town a bit. The boys always like going into Panchos - they've got big sharks hanging from the ceiling and lots of surfboards. Jaxon counts them all and Jonah picks out which one is his favorite. David was trying on some shoes, so Jaxon thought he'd do the same. He tried on a pair of Sanuks that were David's size and very excitedly proclaimed, "They fit me!"




1 comment:
Oh, I'm jealous - I miss the beach! I didn't know that's where David proposed - cool!
Post a Comment