Friday, October 2, 2009

Woo-Hoo!!!

I have stuff I need to blog about, but then that would mean I'd actually have to get up, go to my car and grab my camera, which at this moment I'm just not willing to do. But I did want to share some VERY exciting news! We're SO excited! The red tag has been removed from the studio! Oh how happy we are! Things can FINALLY move forward on the construction of the studio! Oh happy day!

For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, let me try to briefly explain. Back in March or April we left the theater for a bigger, better building down the street. It needed to be earthquake retrofitted and needed a major inner face lift. So we (ok, not me, David and my dad) figured out what needed to be done to get things rolling. Well a couple weeks later, in came the stinky old grumpy, cocky, building inspector who decided that, oh yeah, by the way I've decided you need some extra building permits in order for us to be able to hang sound proofing on the wall and nail up trim, blah, blah, blah. So he red tagged us without any warning (meaning construction must come to an immediate halt, all but a few things anyway). So then the city decided to hold back our grant money used for the earthquake retrofit until the red tag came off (even though they said it wouldn't be effected...the poops!), which meant an even bigger delay. It was only supposed to take like 10 days, but pretty much 10 weeks later (or maybe even more, I've lost count), we FINALLY got the go ahead today. The red tag was removed, the massively ridiculous bill was paid, and the permits were issued. Phew! Folks, there may actually be an end in sight!

2 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

oh man, how frustrating! but now, how exciting! i didn't know all this was going on, but i'm glad things can move forward.

Ben & Carly said...

Congrats! and uh yes I have to agree armpit hair could never be flowy but I can't kill a little hippie girl's dream!