Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trouble & Mischief

Whoever said that kids are innocent never met my children. They know perfectly well what they're doing is wrong, but they still do it...willingly...loving every minute of their rebellion. I should have named them Trouble and Mischief. But who really needs to point out the obvious? You know that saying, "I'm 99% angel, but oh that 1%!?" Now that person knew my kids!

So tonight I set my kids all up with their dinner, then left the room for a minute to get a load of laundry started. I was gone absolutely no more than 5 minutes (and just in the next room for crying out loud!) and this is what I found (this picture absolutely does NOT do it justice!):
Noodles everywhere! TROUBLE, MISCHIEF! Oh man was I irritated. Wet noodles EVERYWHERE! All over the counter, the stools, the kitchen floor, the carpet, my papers! All over the boys and in their hair and all over their clothes. Ugg! I knew if they stuck around those noodles would turned into a mega mushed mess in the carpet, so I sent them off to take a bath. Notice the red notebook on the floor? This is what I found when I opened it up:

Noodle art? Really? I finally got the noodles cleaned up and went to check on the stinkers in the tub. TROUBLE, MISCHIEF! Ugg, water EVERYWHERE! They decided to spit water at each other, which meant spit water all over the bathroom. This is the part of parenting I'm not too fond of. I really could do without this part. It really is a good thing I love my kiddos so stinkin' much! What did I learn from this? My children cannot be trusted? Perhaps. I guess I also learned that they are a pair of little artists. Boys, just next time keep it on the pages!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

OH, the stinkers! Maybe Santa should bring those boys a wet/dry vac for Christmas :)